NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
No new retros won't work.

I went to the dealer today. The new retro hub caps attach using clips that atach to the lug nuts. The 2012 Beetle uses the new wheel bolt pattern found on all newer VW's like the Passat. This also means NB wheels won't fit the 2012 Beetle. This means I wouldn't be able to use my winter wheels and tires if i were to buy one.:( Oh; and yes the crome trim rings are also removable/replacable.

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
I went to the dealer today. The new retro hub caps attach using clips that atach to the lug nuts. The 2012 Beetle uses the new wheel bolt pattern found on all newer VW's like the Passat. This also means NB wheels won't fit the 2012 Beetle. This means I wouldn't be able to use my winter wheels and tires if i were to buy one.:(
Why not just use your standard Steel Wheels and fit them with the Old Beetles Hubcaps. Easy to do :)

See..

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats the plan.

I was on Mid America looking at old school hub caps. I just think that the 2012 retros look so cool.

·
turbo
1,043 Posts
the retro hubcap mod is pretty sweet (I once had it on my car) but it a beiotch for maintenance...I.e the clips rust fast and wear out a little more everytime you remove the caps, but If you still want to do the mod (any aircooled hubcap will fit, they are all teh same diameter) I have the pics to give you a DIY

·
Registered
15 Posts
the retro hubcap mod is pretty sweet (I once had it on my car) but it a beiotch for maintenance...I.e the clips rust fast and wear out a little more everytime you remove the caps, but If you still want to do the mod (any aircooled hubcap will fit, they are all teh same diameter) I have the pics to give you a DIY
i just decided i want to go for the retro look too, can you post that DIY still? thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
yah, how do you do that?

·
Registered
28 Posts
What kind of clips do you have to use? Are they proprietary or specialty? A DIY would be fantastic.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts