NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have a 2013 Volkswagen convertible beetle. Recently my convertible top has been acting up. Whenever I pull the button to close the top. It starts to close, and when It goes to lock itself into place there is a loud constant clicking noise coming from the middle where the lock is located overhead. The display center says “error, service convertible top”. If I continue to try and close the top the display center then reads “high temperature convertible top” and the top does not move. I can wait a few minutes before it resumes control. Currently, my convertible top is not locked into place and basically says that it’s still open. I do not know how to manually lock it into place nor do I know what to do going forward. Can I get some tips? Is the motor dead? Do I HAVE to take it to the dealer or is there something I can do to remedy it at home? I have searched the internet and can’t find anything to help me with my problem.

·
Registered
12,134 Posts
For diagnosis, a VW scan tool; like VCDS, by Ross Tech, can help you read trouble codes, see live data and confirm, what the problem is. Check out this video; for common issues and the type of testing, you can do with VCDS, to see what is going on with the top.

This is showing a older new beetle convertible but i am sure; the newer ones have similar sensors and any trouble codes, may help narrow down the problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts