VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time poster here. Hola to all the Beetlemaniacs out there.

My wife has a 2013 Beetle 2.5L/auto convertible that she bumped into another car in the rear. Not much damage at all, but the dealer tells her that she damaged the evaporative canister and that will be $900 please.

I'm looking all over the place online, but I can't seem to find much at all on either the replacement parts or the repair process. What is involved? Where are the parts, etc.

Anybody else had this happen?

Doug

·
Registered
15,840 Posts
Volkswagen Parts 2Go | Genuine VW Parts | Up to 25% Off Here is the exploded view; for the "vapor canister"; it is about $350 (make sure to use your VIN #; if ordering parts, to get the correct ones for your car).

VAPOR CANISTER/EMISSION COMPONENTS for 2013 Volkswagen Beetle

I would assume; this is probably something you could get used from a auto junk yard and considering how new the car is, the part would be essentially new! Check locally or use a online used part search engine or look on ebay.

Seeing how the car is essentially new; wouldn't this be covered by your full coverage auto insurance policy?

As far as the location; I haven't worked on this new of a Beetle yet but I believe, the older ones, usually had this under the rear fender, near the fuel filler location.

As for the manual; there is the official VW online erwin subscription service: https://erwin.vw.com/erwin/showOrderFlatrate.do . So far; because these cars are so new; I haven't seen anyone else, make a typical paper service manual for these yet. From what I understand; you can/could purchase a one day $35 access to Erwin and download all the manuals in a .pdf file format and be able to access these later, as files on your computer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts