NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For those that may need to know. My 2013 beetle only has one horn on the passenger side. You can access it from underneath after removing the plastic under body cover. The hardest part was getting that plug off. It was stuck on and didn`t want to pull off easily even though I released the clip.

·
Registered
11,822 Posts
This kind of info, is helpful; at this point, there is not much info on the 2012+ Beetle's and no paper/printed manuals to refer people to (no Bentley, there is factory service manuals through VW's online service eRWin, then you can download the manuals in .pdf format files and also access service info, with alldata, mitchell1, etc).

Question: was your horn bad or did you want to install a different horn, for a different sound, etc? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
14,718 Posts
I'm gonna follow this. The horn in my 2013 TDI is, well, embarrassing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My horn was bad. Since the horn was seldom used I didn`t notice it wasn`t working until the horn stopped beeping at times when I locked the doors remotely. When it did honk( which was seldom) it was weak. Because the car has close to 170,000 miles on it I bought some aftermarket replacement horns instead of VW OE. They came as a pair high and low. I put on the high horn because that was what was on my car from the factory. I did try the low horn but the high note horn seemed like the better choice. I believe the TDI and other higher end models may use the two horns. I will sell the new low note cheap if anyone wants it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BTW, you are correct in the amount of info available on the 2013 and up beetles. I searched and really found nothing on this car for horn replacement. Yes for some older years and models but not this one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts