VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m selling my 2013 TDI. This car is still under VW manufacturers warranty for two more years. I just recently had the entire diesel air filter and oxygen sensors replaced at the dealer, no cost to me under the warranty, a $5000 plus repair. The warranty is so extensive, covers engine and just about everything important, for two more years, as it was part of the diesel modification emissions extension warranty program (documentation available). I bought it with a rebuilt title from a highly reputable dealer who only deals in rebuilt beetles, about a year ago. There was small fender bender accident, of which I have pictures from the dealer, which caused it to earn the rebuilt title before I bought it, totally not deserving of a rebuilt title designation. The car has been inspected by multiple VW dealers and mechanics and it is perfect, anything important that becomes imperfect is covered under the warranty anyway. It’s a great car, we love it, we just don’t use it enough. It’s a gem, candy white, pristine cream convertible top and leather seats, Fender stereo with interior lights, backup camera, touch screen, looks like new. Without rebuilt title (and no warranty) worth about 25K, With the rebuilt title and warranty, asking $17k. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
14,840 Posts
Adding your location may help. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
And of course pictures are worth a thousand words. For us diesel affectionados the transmission is also important the much desired manual 6 speed vs the less desirable slush box.

That warranty is awesome to have covering almost everything. If your engine light , comes on it’s covered. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And of course pictures are worth a thousand words. For us diesel affectionados the transmission is also important the much desired manual 6 speed vs the less desirable slush box.

That warranty is awesome to have covering almost everything. If your engine light , comes on it’s covered. Good luck.
Thanks so much! I didn’t see the mechanism to put up photos until you mentioned it! I’ll put them up today! And yes, you’re right, the engine light came on for us, that’s how we knew the filter/oxygen sensor needed replacing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks so much! I didn’t see the mechanism to put up photos until you mentioned it! I’ll put them up today! And yes, you’re right, the engine light came on for us, that’s how we knew the filter/oxygen sensor needed replacing.
And it is automatic transmission with the addition of the optional shifter on the steering column but not a straight manual. Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts