NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
I most look forward to simply seeing friends that I haven't seen since 2009 (the last Roswell I attended). Talking, catching up, seeing their Beetles!

I still need to thoroughly detail my car! :p I plan to spend the weekend before I leave cleaning her inside and out. She also will get her windshield replaced and an oil change before I leave so I need to schedule those appointments. I also need to plan my display for the show.

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
I look forward to rekindling friendships I made in 2011 and making new friends in 2013, and as Cori Bug stated, seeing all the different Beetles. I also look forward to the sunshine and warmth of the New Mexico desert. The relentless winter here in Wisconsin still rages on at this writing. Did I mention that I despise snow and cold weather?

I'll be bringing my newest Beetle this time, a 2010 Candy White. About 2 weeks before the trip, I'm having the rear bumper refinished (it has 2 scratches, and I'm very picky). The right rear fender will also be wet-sanded and buffed to remove a hairline scratch. Both of these things will be done by the pros, because I would screw it up! :D

·
Super Moderator
8,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What I look forward to:
1 - New Beetle Peeps!
2 - Roswell!
3 - Farleys!...seriously...I have a problem
4 - Classic Frozen Custard! - I can't believe I FORGOT to go here last time in town!!!
5 - With the extra time possibly doing some exploring around or outside of Roswell...never have before.
6 - Aliens!
7 - The Mothership!

List of what is left to do:
1 - Complete detail inside and out - (1 entire weekend or so)
2 - Secret driver and passenger window decals (if I can pull them off)
3 - Get tranny looked at - fluid changed...and shift plastic thing replaced (those things apparently break)
4 - Secret Emblem mod?
5 - Roswell 2013 - UFO pendant handouts
6 - Roswell 2013 - Vinyl...might have to get Danny to lend me a hand
7 - Figure out if I am going to have a co-pilot or not this time
8 - another possible secret thing

·
Reverse engineered UFO's
64 Posts
I look forward to:

1. Friends, some of whom I have known since the first Roswell event in 2000! And others that I just met in 2011.
2. UFO museum; lots of friendly folk here and interesting stuff!
3. Cara-vanning on the way to Roswell. If you haven't tried this, do so it is lots of fun!
4. The friendly folk in Roswell (locals) they really come out in droves to see us while we are there.
5. Carlsbad Caravans! Hoping to have enough time to visit these again this year.

I need to:

1. Finish bud-vase display; several ideas rolling around.
2. Detail Rubee; will be done close to leaving time.
3. Make sure I have all the R2R gear in good order for the trip.

SYIR

·
Registered
110 Posts
This is my first trip to Roswell, and I'm very excited! I'm looking forward to everything, especially carabugging from SoCal, seeing all the Beetles, meeting new people, and hopefully Carlsbad Caverns.

Can't wait!

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
This is my first trip to Roswell, and I'm very excited! I'm looking forward to everything, especially carabugging from SoCal, seeing all the Beetles, meeting new people, and hopefully Carlsbad Caverns.

Can't wait!
You'll love it! New Beetle people are distinctly set apart from the rest of VW enthusiasts, and in a very good way. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
One more addition to my list of things to do for my Beetle before Roswell: I just ordered a set of reconditioned OEM Houston alloys. :) I'll keep the steelies and get 4 other tires for next winter. The Houstons should last a long, long time when taking into consideration that the winters here last about eight (expletive) months a year........

Words can't adequately describe how much I look forward to the warm, sunny desert. Yes, it's now May, and we have 6 new inches of snow on the ground. :mad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts