NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Twizzler
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2013 Beetle TDI highline sunroof/nav package with DSG and noticed right off the bat the exhaust smells like untreated diesel exhaust? I just traded back my 2010 Jetta TDI highline with DSG that I had since new and NEVER smelt the exhaust? Anyone else noticing this? Do 2012/2013 gas turbo Beetle's have rear seat interior lights like my 2002 New Beetle turbo did? The 2013 TDI has no lights for the rear occupants? Its very odd and dark back there.

·
Momentai!!!
1,092 Posts
I just purchased a 2013 Beetle TDI highline sunroof/nav package with DSG and noticed right off the bat the exhaust smells like untreated diesel exhaust? I just traded back my 2010 Jetta TDI highline with DSG that I had since new and NEVER smelt the exhaust? Anyone else noticing this? Do 2012/2013 gas turbo Beetle's have rear seat interior lights like my 2002 New Beetle turbo did? The 2013 TDI has no lights for the rear occupants? Its very odd and dark back there.
I have a 2012 Turbo, no rear lights sadly. I wish they did

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Twizzler
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Updating this post as the car has since been to service based on the exhaust smell and as with MANY 2.0 TDI owners Beetle/Jetta in particular the turbo to downpipe was MISSING it's exhaust gasket???? Apparently, the people assembling the cars in Mexico are simply not putting the gasket on when the turbo is installed in the motor. Its crazy but true. VW dealers are aware and if you take delivery of a TDI Beetle and you smell diesel AT ALL bring it to the dealership for the gasket install. Parts required will be Clips/1K0-253-725, 1K0-253-725-F, 1K0-253-725-B and Gaskets 1K0-253-115-T, 1K0-253-115-AE, and 1K0-253-547-H. Car is nice production manager needs to be replaced. Diesel VW whether Beetle/Jetta/Golf will NOT smell at all so any odour is bad.

·
Twizzler
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are three part listings because any one or a combination of them may be installed incorrectly or missing so VW just changes all three. The common one missing is the main turbo to downpipe/DPF.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts