VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what's going on with the 2013 convertible tops. I just bought my convertible and I asked the salesman how to care for the top and what protectant to use. He told me that with VW tops, you don't have to do anything. HOWEVER, every forum or website says to use protectant. So I'm confused. What should I do?

Also, the owners manual says to take the car through the car wash, that doesn't seem right either. So again I'm confused. I would think I couldn't and shouldn't, however it would be nice sometimes to just run it through.

And one more question, I was told from a lady who had a mustang convertible to make sure wax doesn't get on the top, is that true? I'm not saying I'm going to wax my top, but if you did the drive in car wash...automatic or not, wax may spray on it.

Thanks in advance for any comments. I'm new to the whole convertible world and I want my baby to last a long time. :)

·
1,255 Posts
RaggTopp brand fabric top - amazon.com or eBay compare pricing.

·
Daisy's Mae's Mom
171 Posts
I bought RaggTopp for my vert a couple of months ago. It's grey but it was so dirty and unkept that it looked brown. I used a good brush and did a lot of scrubbing. I left it outside to get TOTALLY dry and then put the protectant on. It looks brand new now! I've heard that if your car is garage kept you only have to the protectant on every six months to a year depending upon how dirty it gets.

I also heard that you can use Scotchguard on the top as a protectant but haven't heard any reviews about that one yet.

Congrats on the new vert! :)

·
Beetle Minion
92 Posts
But does this apply to the 2013 top? It feels like a different material.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts