VW Beetle Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
To be clear as Billy notes, if it's leaking coolant you definitely do not want to ignore it or your engine will eventually overheat. If however the drip is a waxy substance as you have indicated, that is more likely some type of rustproofing that gets hot because its summer, and drips. Keeping an eye on things would involve checking the coolant level in the coolant ball on a daily basis for a few days and making sure it does not move.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
To be clear as Billy notes, if it's leaking coolant you definitely do not want to ignore it or your engine will eventually overheat. If however the drip is a waxy substance as you have indicated, that is more likely some type of rustproofing that gets hot because its summer, and drips. Keeping an eye on things would involve checking the coolant level in the coolant ball on a daily basis for a few days and making sure it does not move.
Thank you! Still keeping an eye on it but it’s not leaking anymore. I think I’ll have it checked just in case when I take the beetle in for an oil change 😃

21 - 23 of 23 Posts