NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP!!
I just bought my first VW. A 2013 turbo beetle, automatic, gas engine. I am very upset. I have only driven it 512 miles. Twice now the engine has just shut off while I was driving 40 MPH. They tell me they cant find anything wrong with it. No Way!!! Thats just not safe. It must be fixed, whatever it is, or its not safe to drive. Is anyone else having this problem?
Patricia2020

·
Super Moderator
14,783 Posts
Force them to figure it out! :mad:

I'm sorry that is happening. I hope it's just a minor glitch. :(

·
Registered
14,052 Posts
Get aggressive; call vw customer relations,

VW Owner's Customer CARE
You can give us a call or send us an email. Either way, VW customer service is easy to reach.
Call 1-800-822-8987
8 a.m. to 6 p.m. local time in the contiguous United States

Contact Volkswagen of America | VW.com < Contact Us < Volkswagen of America

I would also; see what your lemon law or buyback laws are in your area... many states have these and you have so many days where you can return the car.

Definitely, don't ignore the situation; as a major safety issue, I would consider leaving the car and not receiving it back until they fix it. Volkswagen, should give you a loaner car; until the car is repaired. Get with VW customer relations; let them know, it is totally unacceptable to have the car disabled as it is (a safety issue; potentially life threatening) and get them involved.

You need to make a decision; if you are willing to keep the car, have them repair it or if you want out of it. When you make your decision; that will help you in your next step.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and post a few photos so we can ORGle them!!

I agree with the above, haven't read of any issues like that here on the 12+'s.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts