NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2014 turbo 1.8L beetle and I am looking to do some upgrades on it but I can not seam to find places that sell parts for the beetle.

I want to upgrade the exhaust and the air intake any Ideas?

·
Registered
13,868 Posts
You might check with the usual suspects (borla, magnaflow, petty motorsports, 42 draft designs, etc); most seem to have the 2.0T dual rear exit exhaust systems, i'm assuming the 1.8T is a single rear exit exhaust?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it’s a single I would like a double though. I want to go with a rally style build.
But the 2.0 will fit the 1.8L?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,868 Posts
Good question; you probably need to research things and may need a new bumper from the 2.0T models, for the dual or modify what your current bumper you have? If the previous generation new beetles are any i indication of compatibility; many beetle, and golf exhaust systems were similar or need slight changes to work. I would contact the various exhaust system companies and see what they say; those around here, that upgraded their exhaust systems were 2.0T engines with pre existing dual exhausts (cat back). You might pose this question, on the vwvortex beetle forum; as many owners, have heavilly modded their Beetles there and someone may have done this to the non 2.0T Beetles.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
What are you looking for?

What are you looking for?
More noise? More power? Both?

I cant personally vouch for any fitment issues between the 2.0 and the 1.8, but I can say that EVERY aftermarket company out there does not think highly of the beetle.

There ARE some that actually care to do some Research and development, but on a personal point, I can't TELL you how much money I"ve spent TRYING to make stuff off a GOlF, or GTI, or passat, or jetta work, just to SEE if it would.

Do lots and lots of research.

Good luck. have fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts