VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
love the new engine on this little bug!
wanted a yellow one and the only dealership in california that has yellow is 500 miles away in san diego...
did the entire deal over fedex, and had the car shipped to us over the weekend! very satisfied with our purchase!:D

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,832 Posts
Are both yours?

I hope to have a B12+ soon!

More pics!! Please! :D

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,471 Posts
Great choice in color! Though I am a tad partial! :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would like to see some pics of the ***ENGINE***; I am interested to see if it looks like our old 1.8Ts! :)
will do....

are the old 1.8Ts 20V engines? (5 valve per cylinder?)

the new 1.8T is just a 'lite' version of the 2.0T, from what I've read on the internet.... very nimble little engine.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,412 Posts
are the old 1.8Ts 20V engines? (5 valve per cylinder?)
Yup! I hear rumor that the 1.8T takes regular 87 fuel. Is that true?

·
Registered
566 Posts
love the new engine on this little bug!
wanted a yellow one and the only dealership in california that has yellow is 500 miles away in san diego...
did the entire deal over fedex, and had the car shipped to us over the weekend! very satisfied with our purchase!:D
Is it auto?? Did they fix the transmission seal leak???

Like the color..... :bigthumb::bigthumb::bigthumb::bigthumb:

·
Super Moderator
5,367 Posts
Interesting I haven't seen one of the new 1.8Ts yet. I had forgotten at first that they were making them in 1.8T now...again...whatever :lol:

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
It is interesting; that the head/exhaust manifold are integrated together (they claim; this helps heat dissipation/turbo/head etc.)! I guess this will probably give performance companies; an opportunity to sell head/valve/exhaust porting services... to those wanting improved performance! I don't know; if this will end up causing more or less problems; in longevity, durability or the maintenance of the engine when it needs repaired. Any thoughts?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts