·
Registered
12,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
56 Posts
Please build it

We need the 2" lift here in the north country. I've pulled the splash pan off in deep snow at least a half dozen times in the last 15 years due to deep snow. Yes i've been driveing New Beetles since 1998, two of them. This year the grill was knocked out driving down Hwy 169 in a snow storm.

·
Registered
12,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
21 Posts
Photos and info about the new dune concept of the Beetle; are out! I hope this one and other possible variants; actually, make it to production! I hope there is a true RSi; we need a real performance Beetle! :)

https://www.google.com/search?q=vw+beetle+dune&oq=vw+beetle+dune&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l2j69i60j0l2.3960j0j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#q=vw+beetle+dune&tbm=nws
anyone can build one like a beetle dune or moab project.its fun ,but requires a lot of patience.i lifted my 98 2 liter beetle 8inches in the front and 6 in back.you can see what I did in my pics on my profile.im still learning this site,but will have more pics of the performance stuff I did too.it runs like a swiss watch.most of the better upgrades I found is actually eliminating a lot of factory stuff too.this was a fun project.i drove the car for 5 years and has been all over Canada.the wheels almost never stopped for 5 yrs.the car needed some serious help after alberta winters,and lots of miles.even the glass was falling out.when it made it back to the east coast and did its time.i fixed it up,very carefully fabricating parts and fitting them.alot of stuff is used from other models,and made from heavy plate and trailer axle parts.to go this high you have to cut the axles and lengthen them 1 and 1/8 inches.and lower the engine 1 and 1/2 inches.used jetta vr6 wagon springs from moog.they are constant rate and allow 2 more inches.i made 2 peice post adapter ,bolt together setup ,lift tubes to drop the frame 4 inches and did the same with a rear beam block set I made.and shock drop adaptors of 2 inch.and the springs give 2.so that's 6 in back.to level it you need 2 more in front.so with 4 inch drop posts,2 inch strut extenders made from spring steel,and the 2 over v6 springs gave an exact 8 inches.this is as high as you can go.with stock wheels it will take 215 70s easy.but with an offset wheel and rear tornado hubs,and front wheel adaptors for transam wheels they will take a 28 inch tire easy.they only have 30"wheel wells.i cut my firewall and moved the other door posts back an inch,and welded it back up if I want 29s exactly.its a lot of funn.i posted some pics in my profile.i would encourage anyone to do this.it handles awesome.i even made new endlinks,and brake adaptor kit and steering column extender too.this was the most fun of any project ever.hope this helps other people and it is 100% reversible.you still have to machine motormount spacers and make lower mount adaptor posts and stuff like that,but the little parts are really fun.the axles are the hardest.i tried everything.cant space em either.have to cut them,and rebalance them.no way around it unless you drop the engine to the ground.but then the airbox and steering lines and exhaust wont work then.everything on mine for lines and wiring is factory.i made the entire exhaust,but that was a personal choice as my system was not fit to use anymore.take care

·
←Blue or Purple?
147 Posts
Is it true that the Dune will not have a 4WD option?! When they claim light off-road not having a 4WD option seems kind of silly.

·
Super Moderator
5,339 Posts
unfortunately...

:thumbsdn::screwy::shoot::hurl:

As for the dune, I prefer the NB dune to the B12 dune

1 - 15 of 15 Posts