VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 beetle convertible r-line: I often get a rattle with the top down and it appears to come from across the top bar where the locks are. of course it’s hard to tell for sure but I can put pressure on the area where the overhead console is and the rattle stops. I want to take that apart to see if I have a broken tab or loose screws in the unit. I tried to pry off the speaker cover but was concerned I may damage it since it gave me so much resistance that concerned me I may be doing it wrong. Can someone give me any help or a place to get good info on doing this? - thanks mark

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Well, these A5 Beetle's are still relatively new and we haven't seen much discussion, about convertible top issues so far. For service manual info; you can download the service manuals from the eRWin site or do the "diy" subs from alldata or mitchell1 websites, the eRWin 24 hour sub is probably the best bang for the buck. When, you download the manuals from VW/eRWin, you will own them and keep them on your hard drive, for future reference, viewing and printing, as you desire.

On the other hand, you could call or drop by; your local VW dealers service dept and see, if they are aware of this issue, see if there is a recall or service bulletin, about it?

Let us know, if you want to fix things yourself or possibly, check with your service dept. @ your local VW dealer? We can go from there, thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts