NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to tow my 2014 VW Beetle manual 6 speed TDI Diesel with push button start - flat on the ground in neutral. I will need to disable the steering wheel lock, disable the odometer, and tow it using a Blue Ox tow bar. I understand that with the ignition on, disconnecting the battery will disable the steering wheel lock and the odometer. The transmission should be ok but I will monitor it using a remote thermometer reading the temp. of the transmission as well as the trans. fluid itself.. I can't use a tow dolly. I am disabled and can't lift or hook it up and have no place to store it. A dolly is not an option. Any suggestions or comments? Anyone ever tried this ? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,354 Posts
I haven't heard anything about using this generation of beetle as a toad. You may be one of the first to do so.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased a 2014 VW Beetle r line with manual transmission with hopes of towing behind RV. Its a keyless ignition so I still have questions about the steering wheel lock. Do I just leave the ignition on and go? I've found no work around for the electronic steering wheel lock as of yet. Thanks for any input

·
Super Moderator
14,756 Posts
Front wheel drive manuals can be towed, if the front wheels are up. I do not know about automatics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts