VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey:D

The time has come again to start collecting the Friday evening Pizza Fest money.

Pizza Fest is our meet and greet outdoor pizza dinner held at The Top. Pizza Fest gets under way around 5:30.

The price for Pizza Fest is 5.00 per adult. This provides AT LEAST 3 slices per person- we normally have a good number of pies. Pizza is provided by Anthony's Italian Restaurant. There will be an assortment of pies as well.

Beverages are BYOB- beverage of your choice. Usually the folk have a "bring your local beer" social during the Pizza Fest.

With the hurry-scurry of Friday's meet and greet, it's easier to collect the money beforehand, so we can expedite getting dinner for everyone.

Pizza money is collected by PayPal, via my PayPal e-mail addy: ashmead63ATjunoDOTcom

SEND MONEY AS A GIFT ( friend or family will work also)
, so withdraw charges won't be levied.

Please specify in the PayPal memo section that your money is for Pizza Fest and how many folk you're paying for.

Thank you :)

·
Super Moderator
20,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
The pizza's we usually order are:

Pepperoni
Pepperoni/sausage
Cheese- don't go over well. maybe just a couple
white pizza
veggie pizza.

I want to get a feel of what other pizzas you all like. This way I can determine if it'll be cheaper to order add ons or a speciality pie.

Here's the Pizza Menu from Anthony's courtesy of urbanspoon.

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,471 Posts
What time is this held on Friday? I need to figure out how far to drive Thursday and then allow an extra hour or two leeway to get to Bryson the following day. It's Interstate all the way for me to Knoxville, but then I don't know how much those roads across the Smokies are going to slow me down. :p
The pizza party is at roughly 6. The drive from Knoxville is not hard when you go the right way and not get lost *cough*Blurpledad*cough* hehe. Basically from Knox its a bust 4 lane street to a 2 lane, and a pre-dragon dragon slaying.

Also, I will be putting in my funds as they become availabe, ya know, just in case. :)

·
Super Moderator
20,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Question ??? How do I send money as a gift. I set up my PP account and was going to send it, selected send money to friend or family but there was nothing about a gift, or should I select business ???
Friend or family what do it. Anything but business. :eek: :D

·
Registered
318 Posts
Funds sent this morning for our participation in 2014 ToD Pizza Fest. (Note: FWIW - PayPal website was having an error message popping up last week when using Friends & Family payment method. Site worked fine this morning.)

See folks in a couple of months.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Paid up. My folks will probably arrive before we will.
We lived in Durham, NC for 10 years from 1984-1994. Lived off of Cole Mill Road in a small sub-division.

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,419 Posts
Count Simone and I in for pizza---PayPal sent. :)

·
Drivers Wanted
24 Posts
Well, that wasn't so bad. (I don't use Pay Pal at all.) But, I'm all paid up for 2 people. :)

AND I am currently craving pizza....is it May yet??

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,471 Posts
Funds sent, pending miracle. If it really is 100% not in the cards for me to go, my portion may be donated in honor of 6.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
20,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'd like to get a feel of what kind of pies you all would like. I order them as our carabugavan approaches Bryson City, so they're hot and fresh. There's usually 15 pies... this year it looks like they'll be a few more. from your feeler I can determine what will be cheaper- add on items or specialty pies.

The pizza's we usually order are:

Pepperoni
Pepperoni/sausage
Cheese- don't go over well. maybe just a couple
white pizza
veggie pizza.

Here's the Pizza menu:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts