NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering a new Jetta...love the car and have been having a lot of issues with my beetle lately :( I really hate to see it go, but it just may be time to trade.
However, I was tipped off that a TDI was possibly not a good choice for me since I park outside and don't have a garage. I was told there was reported issues of TDI's not starting in cold weather and since I live in Illinois that's definately a concern.
Is this a real thing or just a rumor? I have a car picked out to test drive on Saturday and really thought the TDI was the way to go! I'm looking for longevity and I know vw Diesel engines are really built well!
Please offer anything you think I need to know!!

·
5/23/10 <3
11,009 Posts
TDIs should be fine in cold weather. There were issues with icing in the intercooler but I *think* that's been resolved. Check over at TDIClub though. Lots more info over there on them.

As long as you put lots of miles on the car and don't have short trips often, a TDI is a good choice.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!!! I'll head on over there and check them out! Still a little heart broken about my beetle but facing over $1,200 in repairs is just too much. :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts