VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I traded in my 2013 TDI last May on a 2021 Mazda MX-5 (husband hated the VW). I've regretted the trade ever since. Have been looking for another TDI with a manual transmission, but no luck finding one locally. Did find a 2016 1.8 SE manual though. Any issues with the 1.8 that I should be concerned about? Any opinions welcome.

·
Registered
18,828 Posts
We haven’t had allot of feedback on the 2012+ era 1.8T specifically; the issue, that plagues, all the gas direct injection engines, is carbon build up. This builds up in the intake manifold and around the valves; this has to be cleaned, various methods, can be used, including walnut blasting. The 2.0T, has a long list of known issues; i don’t know, if the same problems relate to the 1.8T, which seems to have come later in the last gen Beetle. The engines in the 3012+ Beetles; seems to be (GAS); 2.5L 5cylinder, 2.0T, 1.8T, 1.4L TSI, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.