VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
I have a 2015. It says just regular gas. That's all I run. No issues. I have tried the other grades of gas also, just to see if it made any difference in the car. I didn't see any benefits. Just a bigger fill up bill. As far as I know, there's no difference in the motor or programming than any other beetle. IE. Even the R-line. Just the standard 1.8t or the 2t. There's some cosmetic differences. Dune sits higher than a normal beetle. The front bumper. You can get a lift kit for it. 馃憤馃榿
R-line is just basically a little suspension, brake upgrade. 19" wheel's. Plus some Dune only things. The R-line is the same thing. Just a few little things just for the R-line. There's enough models in different levels of trim to look to choose from. I got a fleet edition. Mostly basic. I didn't want to pay for all the over priced stuff because I was just going to take it all out so I could put what I wanted in. But I like plan and basic. I don't like backup cameras. I have mirror's for that. 馃槀. Put a manual in every car and take out all the driving helpers. All the young people won't have a car. 馃槀. Depends on the type of transmission you want. I love a stick. But from what I've watched and read about the 6speed, it just wouldn't work for me. The gearing is great for curvy roads and open highway. But if you drive in a lot of stop and go traffic. You can't just put it in 1st and crawl slowly. Now the gear is taller and it's doesn't like doing that. It rolls to fast. So you are constantly on the clutch to slow down. And from what I understand about the clutch is that it doesn't last long when you drive it hard. I would go do some test drives in different configuration and find the one that works for you. And when you do test drives. Drive that thing like you stole it. Hard.. piss out of it. If it's going to break, that's the time to find out. Not after you sign up for 4-6 years of car notes. When I drove my beetle, the sale's guy was with me. When I pulled out on the road. I left spinning tire's. Ran up to about 80. Got on the freeway and stayed around 80ish. He didn't say anything. Idk if he was scared or what. Lol. The wife thought it was funny 馃ぃ you don't drive like that the whole time though.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great review. This vehicle will be my daily I have a mustang so I need something for year round, iconic and fun. Just like the mustang. The beetle has to be auto, as the wife will need it from time to time. 2 sticks will not work a bummer. I'm with you on not needing all the gadgets. You have eyes and mirrors enjoy. I do like the look of the dune and used I'm saving all the depreciation cost. Wish I could find green it would go well with my Bullitt, but I have never seen a green bug. 馃槂

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.