NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to replace the factory touch screen radio with a Apple CarPlay and Android Auto Unit.
I want to use the factory installed backup camera and the factory mic. Three questions;

1. Does anyone have a VW wiring diagram for the audio system?
2. Has anyone ever done this?
3. Any tips / tricks?

Thanks in advance for any help
Bob

·
Registered
11,627 Posts
I don't have any specific info for you but Crutchfield; typically, has good instal info, wiring adapters and any components, you might want, on their website (many times a good place for research; even, if you don't purchase things from them).

Another better, factory head unit; from VW, might be a option, I don't know currently but many 2012+ Beetle owners in the past, just swapped in a better optional head unit and it historically, worked fine but might of needed some soft coding done, in VCDS or at the VW dealer. You might look on the 2012+ Beetle forum; on VWVORTEX, as I remember many discussing these swaps on there and related, the coding changes made, which units fit/worked, etc.

Since your car is so new and your factory warranty is intact; you might contact your vw dealer and see what head unit options, you might have and then, decide to diy the install or have them handle it, to keep everything stock or check the aftermarket options, see what works best for you.

Be sure, to document and relate; what you find out and what upgrade path, you end up doing, as this information, can help the next owner, who may want to do the same thing. Thanks. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts