NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased after insurance company "Totaled" due to flood damage. It sat with water and mud inside for about 3 weeks before i got it. and named the Stink-Beetle by my 8 year old daugher.
fyi, located on the island of Sicily, Italy.

some before and 1 during cleaning pictures.

Attachments

·
Aus Liebe zum Automobil.
106 Posts
oh yes ma, keep us informed with your work... it´s really interesting, cause 1 year ago, i also wanted to buy such a "flood-damage dirt car" ...it was an 2004 nb with 8000km for under 10000 euro... but someone else was faster...

i´m really banned about how it looks like when you´re finished.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
little update
after removing alot of the interior, i pressure washed the carpet and sound proofing at a car wash. Then hung to dry in the sun. I had to take the heated leather front seat bottoms apart, as the foam had absorbed water and removed leather cover to help dry. also wash all interior plastic pieces.

it's been raining alot so i decided to use this heater and fan to completly dry interior. i couldn't remove the sound proofing on the firewall behind dash.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Oh my gosh! That poor Bug! :( I hope you can have many happy miles, (or kilometers;) ) from this NB. Thank you for saving it. I hope all the love you are putting into this nearly-drowned New Beetle will be returned tenfold. :kiss:

And, yes, please keep us updated! :)

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
Wow, what a mess. You did an awesome job cleaning it up.

One thing i noticed is that you've got the painted rear panles laying on a cement wall, scratches - eep!

Keep on going, i hope the car comes out working and looking like it was brand new.

·
Banned
3,877 Posts
Are you planning on going through the wheel bearings? and I definately would do a complete drain and flush of the tranny.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts