NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!!

I was kind of surprise this morning when driving for work I decided to plug my obd II reader even if I didnt have the CEL on! Turns out my beetle is shooting 3 codes :eek:

P0103 - Maf sensor
P0116 - ECT sensor or thermostat, probably my thermostat I have a new ECT sensor on it.
P0134 - O2 sensor pre cat

When I start my car I can see that the CEL works. So I am wondering if it common to have code without CEL and ehat it means if it means something.

Tha ks

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
5/23/10 <3
11,171 Posts
There are certain codes that will trigger a CEL and some that won't. Perfectly fine to have codes and no CEL.

P0116 points only to the coolant temp sensor. When did you put in the new sensor and did you clear any codes associated after?

I'd use this site to help troubleshoot and diagnose your codes: Ross-Tech Wiki

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put the new sensor (I have the square one) maybe a couple month ago!! I changed it for the green one too! I was using permoveo for the diagnosis! You think that Ross Tech would be better? Yes I deleted all the code after replacing the maf and ect!

Could it be just a bad sensor? It's not an ebay one! I bought it at the dealer!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
5/23/10 <3
11,171 Posts
There is no substitute for Ross-Tech. That will also give you the ability to check your measuring blocks to see what the CTS and MAF are actually doing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts