VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
02 turbo s beetle, original catalytic converter is glowing red when operating car. Used car just got it running. If going to the downpipe what method really works to keep cel off for not having the catalytic converter please?

·
5/23/10 <3
11,412 Posts
You can try an O2 spacer or just get a tune. Most companies you'll have to get Stage 2 for that. I went the tune route with my 20th Anniversary GTI (basically a Turbo S but square) and loved it. I went with a 3" downpipe and high flow cat.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can try an O2 spacer or just get a tune. Most companies you'll have to get Stage 2 for that. I went the tune route with my 20th Anniversary GTI (basically a Turbo S but square) and loved it. I went with a 3" downpipe and high flow cat.
Thank you sir for the response, another question, did you go with 3" full exhaust too or what?

·
5/23/10 <3
11,412 Posts
Not a sir, but yes, 3" turbo back from 42 Draft Designs. I got it used from a friend. If I did it again from scratch, I would probably do the 3" downpipe and a 2.5" catback. I had issues with the 3" hitting my rear subframe and it was a little on the loud side. I think the 2.5" would be a nice compromise.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not a sir, but yes, 3" turbo back from 42 Draft Designs. I got it used from a friend. If I did it again from scratch, I would probably do the 3" downpipe and a 2.5" catback. I had issues with the 3" hitting my rear subframe and it was a little on the loud side. I think the 2.5" would be a nice compromise.
Sorry ma'am, thanks for the info👍🏾

1 - 5 of 5 Posts