NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last couple of weeks I've had my ABS and ASR/ESP light come on simultaneously. Sometimes they would turn off together, sometimes independently. I read where some have removed & replaced the ABS fuses on top of the battery. I tried that and it seemed to fix it, but alas a few days later they were on again. Just yesterday the ABS light came on upon startup but as I got about a block away they went off.
The third light came on yesterday afternoon accompanied with a "beep". It is the "front brake pads worn" indicator. I checked the pad on the driver's side front and, although there was about a 3/16" of pad left, the edge of the pad was very close to the wear indicator connector so I replaced the pads just now. I fired it up and the all lights are still displayed including the front pads worn light.
I went to my local O'Reillys Auto Parts and they said they can't read any codes unless it's a check engine light coming on.

I'm taking it in for an alignment this week with a good local shop that carries a great reputation; I could have them check these lights out for me while it's in.

I always come here first for help and am hoping someone here may be able to give me some direction and/or answers.

As always, thanks in advance

Bob

·
Registered
3,690 Posts

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that link. jfoj.

Looks like a lot of really good reviews too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts