NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have an 08 beetle that I'm trying to work the kinks out. Recently started having problems with it dying out on me. It's a 5 speed and it runs fine if I stay under around 3 grand rpm. If I go any higher it looses power, sometimes it dies, most of the time I can just back out of the gas and it will slowly gain power again. I have codes that I got from a generic OBD II and those are P1580, P0411 and P0304b which is number 4 misfire. I have unplugged the MAF and the car wouldn't stay running. Any ideas??:confused:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Have you done a tune-up lately. Had Bosch platinum plugs in a car that did this. When I changed them and put new wires, it went back to normal. Also have you changed the fuel filter recently. Changed mine last weekend and the thing was half full of water yet it acted up only on hard acceleration.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Changed the spark plugs recently but not the wires. Fuel filter haven't checked that yet. We just got the car so not sure what other maintenance has been done on it.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
P1580 may have been triggered by you unplugging the MAF sensor. Suggest you read freeze frame data that you currently have, post this info for review, clear codes and then see what code(s) pop first.

You could have a fuel delivery issue, get the filter changed, they should be changed every 30k in my opinion anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts