NewBeetle.org Forums banner

61 - 80 of 112 Posts

·
This chick drives a stick
4,854 Posts
I know wanting everyone to come is a top priority. Things can happen at the last minute tho. And I'll admit I bailed on DI last minute but things are tight and that's why I'm not committing to St Auggie just yet. Just found out my unemployment check is now $60 less a week than it was last week which is $25 less than it was when I first started. So things continue to get tighter. I do not want to disappoint anyone anymore. I love this gtg and I would really hate to miss it but I gotta keep Probie in my driveway first and foremost. Looks like gtgs might have to take a backseat for a bit. :(

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I know wanting everyone to come is a top priority. Things can happen at the last minute tho. And I'll admit I bailed on DI last minute but things are tight and that's why I'm not committing to St Auggie just yet. Just found out my unemployment check is now $60 less a week than it was last week which is $25 less than it was when I first started. So things continue to get tighter. I do not want to disappoint anyone anymore. I love this gtg and I would really hate to miss it but I gotta keep Probie in my driveway first and foremost. Looks like gtgs might have to take a backseat for a bit. :(
Totally understandable kiddo. Ya know we love ya Michelle:grouphug:

Times are tight indeed, for a lot of us. Val and I were sad that we couldn't make it to D.I. either. We were going over our budget and knew if we went to D.I., we would've suffer a major setback in our finances. We were gonna sacrifice a few things to make it, but it was poor financial wisdom if we did that. And of course, i'm still trying to get Cuppers back on the road, which should be soon.

Yes, it stinks that jobs and such are the way they are. And it doubly stinks that our budgets sometimes don't align with our GtG desires. Hang tough kid and be wise with your money- things will get better.

If you don't make St. Auggie, maybe we'll cook up something later in the fall/early winter. Besides, i'm hoping we can do something later so we can meet up with Oh Snap and Chitlepin, since they can't make this edition of the GtG. OH! Bug Jam is November 13th... maybe you all can come down for that.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Sombody always has it worst...

Michelle, I can ditto that. You never know what tomorrow brings. Everyone has to count their blessings. Look at my situation with the last Dragon! I miss everyone and can totally relate to the $$$ situation. As far as the next St. Auggie, as with every other GTG I will give it my all. Looking forward to it...

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Bringing it forward.

The time has come to start planning for the...

3rd Annual

Old Town/New Beetle

St. Augustine End of Summer GtG

Friday Sept. 16 - Sunday Sept. 18, 2011

St. Augustine FL

Being that the weekends fall kind of odd this year with Labor Day, this year's GtG will be the 3rd weekend in September​

Accommodations:
The official Old Town-New Beetle GTG hotel will be....

Super8 St. Augustine Beach

311 A1A Beach Blvd.
St. Augustine Beach, FL 32080
904-471-2330
super8 website
Rates:TBA

The itnerary will be pretty much like the last 2 years:
Friday Afternoon: dinner at Al's house followed by a caravan to the hotel for check-in. There's a 24hr. car wash around the corner from the hotel for those wishing to do a Friday night car wash. Maybe Michelle can take orders for Freedom waterless wash prior to the GtG:D

Saturday:

Breakfast @ the Oasis Restaurant. Followed by sightseeing in Old Town 10:00-2:00. There's plenty of places to grab a snack.
2:00-6:30 (or earlier) cruising from Old Town down A1A to park on St. Augustine Beach. Beach time, photos and just relaxation. Bring a camping chair and relax!
6:30- Bug wash and back to the hotel to freshen up for dinner
7:30- Dinner at Panama Hatties on scenic A1A
Free time after dinner- weather should be nice enough to take an evening stroll on the beach. Desert at Sonic was awesome last year and I suggest the same.

Sunday:
Breakfast at the Oasis....again- it's worth another visit:D. Followed by a morning on the beach for more photo ops and relaxation.
Departure and adjournment of the GtG

VITAL INFO:
Parking on the beach will be FREE!! Sept 1st ends the summer beach season and ends beach parking fees.

BEACH ACCESS:
Beach access is new beetle friendly. There's 3 nB friendly locations on St. Augustine Beach.

ST. AUGUSTINE ACTIVITIES:
America's oldest city, a tourist town, is a wealth of sites and places to go. GTG's usually occupy the span of a day. I'm open to suggestions if you all would like to participate in post-GTG activities.

For more info on St. Augustine and what to do, CLICK HERE

Again, suggestions are welcome. There's many more activities and sites in St. Augustine; Still we want to keep things on a budget-friendly level.

Last years St. Auggie GtG was a hit! We hope to see many of you in attendance for another great weekend of sightseeing, friends, the beach and of course a gathering of New Beetles like St. Augustine has never seen!

See you in September:wave2:

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Well gang, we're getting close enough to the GtG, to start checking on your status. Please let me know if you're gonna make it our not. I need to start getting my grocery list in order and I don't want to over buy.

Hope you all can make it to St. Auggie, especially all of the local folk. If anything, come to St. Auggie for the day of hanging in old town and the photos on the beach.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Unfortunetly we won't be making it. I'm not even able to buy toilet paper or milk this week.. so there's no extra money for anything at this point. :(

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Unfortunetly we won't be making it. I'm not even able to buy toilet paper or milk this week.. so there's no extra money for anything at this point. :(
It's okay Tamika, I totally understand.

Praying for better days and soon. We can all use a little more help these days:grouphug:

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
I was hoping to go this year since I'm so close (albeit Beetle-less) but now that I'm working for The Big Cheese I have no weekends free after September 4th after I'm done earning my ears :(

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I was hoping to go this year since I'm so close (albeit Beetle-less) but now that I'm working for The Big Cheese I have no weekends free after September 4th after I'm done earning my ears :(
Don't worry Ames. We're gonna plan another GtG post St. Auggie.

There's a few folk who've posted on this thread that can't make it as well; so we're gonna cook up another GtG when we close the books on St. Auggie. We'll get a feeler thread going soon, so we can get things worked out in your schedules.

Meeting you Ames has been a long time coming- at least 6 1/2 years:eek:.

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
Don't worry Ames. We're gonna plan another GtG post St. Auggie.

There's a few folk who've posted on this thread that can't make it as well; so we're gonna cook up another GtG when we close the books on St. Auggie. We'll get a feeler thread going soon, so we can get things worked out in your schedules.

Meeting you Ames has been a long time coming- at least 6 1/2 years:eek:.
My how time flies! ;)

·
This chick drives a stick
4,854 Posts
yeah, sorry Al. As much as St. Auggie is a part of my annual routine...it's a no go for me this year. I'm gonna really miss the beach and hanging out with you guys. It will not be the same. I LOVE St. Auggie. It's just an amazing way to end the gtg season prior to Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I hope ya'll have fun and please take lots of pictures. It's going to feel weird not being there...

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,151 Posts
Old Towne

Hey Al,

Every time I see "Old Town" listed for the St. Augustine get together I think of Orlando's mini amusement park. You know the one with the old cars and that huge slingshot for launching morons into the heavens!

Just got back from WW and they said there is nothing wrong with Der Stuka. I don't need a mechanic, I need an exorcist! The A/C comes and goes on it's own. One minute it's making ice, the next it's just blowing hot air and the fans are off. I shut it off, Wait two minutes and restart and it works again. The computer says there is nothing wrong and that demon Check Engine light just taunts me sometimes! Ir-regardless of the ecto-plasmic problems, we will be at the GTG in St. Augustine. Need us to bring anything to the dinner? I could make my world famous Ice Cream Soup again (This time there will be dry ice involved!)

When's Cup coming home? Was kinda hoping to run into you on the west side today.

Chuckie

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Hey Al,

Every time I see "Old Town" listed for the St. Augustine get together I think of Orlando's mini amusement park. You know the one with the old cars and that huge slingshot for launching morons into the heavens!

Just got back from WW and they said there is nothing wrong with Der Stuka. I don't need a mechanic, I need an exorcist! The A/C comes and goes on it's own. One minute it's making ice, the next it's just blowing hot air and the fans are off. I shut it off, Wait two minutes and restart and it works again. The computer says there is nothing wrong and that demon Check Engine light just taunts me sometimes! Ir-regardless of the ecto-plasmic problems, we will be at the GTG in St. Augustine. Need us to bring anything to the dinner? I could make my world famous Ice Cream Soup again (This time there will be dry ice involved!)

When's Cup coming home? Was kinda hoping to run into you on the west side today.

Chuckie
Tell Linda Blair to get out of Der Stuka and leave your beetle alone:eek:

Old Town is awesome mang. We had a GtG there, earlier this year. We've gotta do that again. Maybe that can be our post St. Auggie GtG. I know they have a "Jingle Bug Rock" GtG there come December 4th. HERE'S a LINK

Hey, the Ice Cream sounds like a great idea mang- go for it!

I'm hoping to have Cup back on Thursday. If we're reunited that day, I'll call ya. Maybe we can putt around or something. I'm sure we can get Jason together as well.... Maybe even Vern too- heck we'll just make it a bonza bash on Thursday:banana:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just call if you GTG on Thursday or when ever. I should be there. Chuckie get Nurse Diesel to get a Z-pak to get rid of the bugs in you BUG.

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Just call if you GTG on Thursday or when ever. I should be there. Chuckie get Nurse Diesel to get a Z-pak to get rid of the bugs in you BUG.
I'll give you a hollar either way tomorrow (Thursday), just so you'll be in the know.

BTW, it's looking like Thursday. Checked in with them today, and they were still working on my girl. Hoping for tomorrow:banana:

61 - 80 of 112 Posts