NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Peave Love and Beetles
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Abbie( my 2007 2.5l new beetle) reached over 40000 miles :) I'm going to have a friend do the 40 k service and I need to tell him what exactly he needs to do.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Spark plugs, air filter, cabin air filter oil and filter change, and if I remember correctly, 40,000 miles is the trigger for the transmission fluid and filter change. Also tire rotation

·
Peave Love and Beetles
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you...the only things my friend cant do is the trans filter and computer diagnostics. he doesn't have the equipment for it. ill probably end up taking her to vw or another shop for that

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not sure if you have to do the tranny. Call the dealer (ugh!), but at least mine confirmed you didn't have to for the 6 speed tiptonic tranny.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Not sure if it was the DSG or the tiptronic, but VW recently (like in the last year) came out with a service update that said the "lifetime" fluid now requires changing every 40K. Best to check with the dealer or do a search on the forum.

·
Peave Love and Beetles
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i emailed the dealer earlier this morning and the guy said everything that needs to be done is in the owners Manuel. he also offered me a 20% discount but there's no why im paying dealer price

1 - 8 of 8 Posts