NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The time has come to start planning for the...

4th Annual

Old Town/New Beetle

St. Augustine End of Summer GtG

Friday Sept. 14 - Sunday Sept. 16, 2012

St. Augustine FL

Accommodations:
Once again, the official Old Town-New Beetle GTG hotel will be....

Super8 St. Augustine Beach

311 A1A Beach Blvd.
St. Augustine Beach, FL 32080
904-471-2330
super8 website
Rates:TBA

The itinerary will be pretty much like the last 3 years:
Friday Afternoon: dinner at Al's house followed by a caravan to the hotel for check-in. There's a 24hr. car wash around the corner from the hotel for those wishing to do a Friday night car wash. Maybe Michelle can take orders for Freedom waterless wash prior to the GtG:D

Saturday:

Breakfast @ the Oasis Restaurant. Followed by sightseeing in Old Town 10:00-2:00. There's plenty of places to grab a snack.
2:00-6:30 (or earlier) cruising from Old Town down A1A to park on St. Augustine Beach. Beach time, photos and just relaxation. Bring a camping chair and relax!
6:30- Bug wash and back to the hotel to freshen up for dinner
7:30- Dinner at THE WORLD FAMOUS OASIS RESTAURANT
Free time after dinner- weather should be nice enough to take an evening stroll on the beach. Desert at Sonic was awesome for year one and I suggest the same.

Sunday:
Breakfast at the Oasis....again- it's worth another visit:D. Followed by a morning on the beach for more photo ops and relaxation.
Departure and adjournment of the GtG

VITAL INFO:
Parking on the beach has changed over the past couple years. Due to the economy, and city governments needing more revenue, the beach parking fees might be extended beyond their Labor Day calendar year end. Will do a recon to confirm

BEACH ACCESS:
Beach access is new beetle friendly. There's 3 nB friendly locations on St. Augustine Beach.

ST. AUGUSTINE ACTIVITIES:
America's oldest city, a tourist town, is a wealth of sites and places to go. GTG's usually occupy the span of a day. I'm open to suggestions if you all would like to participate in post-GTG activities.

For more info on St. Augustine and what to do, CLICK HERE

Again, suggestions are welcome. There's many more activities and sites in St. Augustine; Still we want to keep things on a budget-friendly level.

GREAT NEWS! This GtG is now a Duval Dubs dD venture, in conjunction with nb.org members. Chuckie/NurseDiesel, David(VdubYah)/Luannn, Vern and myself/the wife-unit are glad to assist and improve on the years GtG. Still, this is your GtG... again, suggestions are welcome:)

The St. Auggie GtG's are getting better year by year; This year will follow suit! If you can't make the Friday night meet and greet, no problem. Come on down Saturday and spend the day with us.

We hope to see many of you in attendance for another great weekend of sightseeing, friends, the beach and of course a gathering of New Beetles like St. Augustine has never seen!

See you in September:wave2:

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,411 Posts
intriguing...some early morning thinkin' going on here. will have to talk with Judy about this GTG...her son lives in Jacksonville. :devil: :D

·
Super Moderator
20,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
intriguing...some early morning thinkin' going on here. will have to talk with Judy about this GTG...her son lives in Jacksonville. :devil: :D
Hey that'll work :banana:

Sent from my SGH-T679 using AutoGuide.com App

·
This chick drives a stick
4,854 Posts
*le sigh*

I want to sooo bad! We'll see where money is going to be at that point. But I'll keep lurking on this thread til I know more. I so sorely missed St. Auggie last year and I dunno if I could handle two years in a row...ugh!

·
Super Moderator
20,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
*le sigh*

I want to sooo bad! We'll see where money is going to be at that point. But I'll keep lurking on this thread til I know more. I so sorely missed St. Auggie last year and I dunno if I could handle two years in a row...ugh!
I can totally relate Michelle. I felt like a heel for missing the Stone Mtn. GtG. But i understand kid- money dictates for sure. Hope you can work things out.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
668 Posts
Hmm....interesting might be a chance for a short road trip in my new car(Well at least it's new in technology) for 1 day maybe have to see how things pan out.

NO BEACH PICS!

SALT KILLS!

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,151 Posts
As long as Al is buying dinner we are in!

Chuckie

·
Super Moderator
20,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, the August B4B (bugs 4 breakfast) is now in the books. It's time to put the St. Augustine GtG into full swing.

The local crew is pretty excited for another weekend of chillin', grubbin' and dubbin.

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,151 Posts
This years ST. Augustine GTG

Hey Al,

You thought last years mint chocolate chip ice cream was something special? This year I am going to make home made BACON Ice Cream at your house the night before! If there is any left over (Yes it WILL be that Good!) I will freeze it solid with dry ice and we can bring it to the hotel with us.

Hotel parking lot filled with New Beetles, all the owners rolling their eyes back in their heads over the sexy, sweet and salty iced treat.......

The only way it could be better is if a solid gold meteorite fell from the sky and hit in the parking lot! Oh and if the TV works at dinner for the Florida/Tennessee game!

Can't wait to see everyone there. This REALLY is a great GTG to celebrate the end of summer with.

Chuckie

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,151 Posts
Wow!

Only 37 more days before this GTG.

High speed, calendar flying by Bump!

Chuckie

·
Registered
64 Posts
Looks like I will not be there this year. I will be at the
Shrimp and Grits Festival on Jekyll Island, Ga.
I'll be there with kids ( mine ) and some grand kids.
I'm going to try amd survive the weekend in an ocean side
villa with two bedrooms and the works. Oh me.

shrimpandgritsfestival.com

·
This chick drives a stick
4,854 Posts
Al, just throwing this out there, but you do know that Shawntina and Steven will be in FL the following weekend.? Atleast that's what I've heard. I'm still hoping by the grace of...someone...that I get to go, I really missed St. Auggie last year, but not having a job is killing me. Just an idea about maybe moving it back one week....

·
Momentai!!!
1,092 Posts
We will be there! I've been busy and haven't had much of a chance to be on the org. I do at least try to keep up :). We will be going to she Shonnel and Joey!!!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Super Moderator
20,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We will be there! I've been busy and haven't had much of a chance to be on the org. I do at least try to keep up :). We will be going to she Shonnel and Joey!!!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
WOOTS!
So you all will be able to attend the GtG at the scheduled date?

1 - 20 of 84 Posts