NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some of my old rides. I only have the Van left now. But I miss the Subie and 58 Wagon... ah h3ll I miss them all. Here is link to gallery.

Sold: 1989 Land Cruiser FJ62 was a tank.

Sold: 2001 Scooby Impreza 2.5 RS with Cobb Tuning Stage 2 kit, strut braces front and rear, thick sway front/rear... and the list goes on... AWD sports cars are awesome. I miss Scooby.

Sold: 2000 Yamaha RaodStar 1600cc. I mean my fist VW was a 1600cc engine. This bike was long, low and loud. Its got Corbin fairing, bags, and dual exhaust.

Sold: 1958 Chevy Brookwood Wagon with straight six and three on the tree. Who knows what that is? It was lower with heating springs and leafs. I had plans to put old school hydraulics on her... but had to sell.

Now here is a sexy rear end...

1965 Chevy 103 Passenger Van with 53k original miles. She has three on the tree, no power steering, drum breaks, no-posi, no air, but has safari style pop-out windows on sides. Ohhhh, sexy... sexy... She's a keeper. Dig them dog dish caps?

Check out that working hydraulic step that comes down and out when doors open.

Got that big A$$ steering wheel to help you turn it.

Original seat belts... and practically a truck bed behind that seat.

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
......with straight six and three on the tree. Who knows what that is?
I do! I do! :p

And, that '58 is gorgeous. What a shame you had to sell. :eek:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do! I do! :p

And, that '56 is gorgeous. What a shame you had to sell. :eek:
Ha, glad to see someone knows. I learned how to drive stick on one in my dads old farm truck (I think 64 Ford). Yeah, the 58 was better looking on outside, floor had patches, and engine smoked. But I so wanted to do a lowrider out of her. I still plan on doing one... maybe when my son is old enough to help, then he can enjoy it as well.

My van is currently under going surgery. I know it original... but my wife wanted some upgrades so she would drive it. So, its got a 350 V8, 400 Trans, air ride, with custom 4 link rear end suspension, 10 bolt rear end, posi-track, and mini-tubbed for 18x10 front wheels and 19x10 rear. I drove her to work for a year.

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,409 Posts
nice wagon and van, cpoore.

van brings back some fond memories of high school in hawaii...one of my best friends had a chev surf vehicle. :D

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
I just now noticed the Oregon plates on the '58. Story? :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
love them, the Subarus are awesome, just so damn expensive lol.

the van looks like a ton of fun:D

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice wagon and van, cpoore.

van brings back some fond memories of high school in hawaii...one of my best friends had a chev surf vehicle. :D
Thanks warren. I miss the wagon, but I'm into old buicks these days. I had a 1970 Buick Skylark in high school, but was to much for my teenage brain and I wrapped it around a tree. I want a 1957 Buick 4-door wagon, preferably the no-post hardtop. I love that van as well. I plan on doing a surf rack on top with a couple old boards. I love all the old vans from the 60's no matter who made them domestic and import.

I just now noticed the Oregon plates on the '58. Story? :)
I got that wagon from a grandpa that moved to Chicago to be closer to his kids. I would say about 10 years ago. He was selling three oldies: the wagon, 67 impala big block, and square bodied 60 ford (Galaxy I think). He wouldnt sell his 34 coupe... I tried to talk him into it instead of the wagon but he was keeping it and a late 60's truck. The wagon now lives in TX and used as daily driver. I had some kool offenhauser head cover, intake and true dual headers for her.

love them, the Subarus are awesome, just so damn expensive lol.

the van looks like a ton of fun:D
Thanks JLasvegas. I agree those subies get pricey. On a performance level, its a bargain for what you can get out of it. The Van has been claimed by my son already just being 6 years old. We will see on that... as my van will have about 400 hp when done. I would prefer him in a straight six oldie or a cool old VW or Corvair wagon.

Take it easy... and keep the rubber side down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts