1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
This chick drives a stick
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Date: Saturday February 23rd 2013.

Time: 11:30 am

Location: Stone Mountain VW 3500 Stone Mountain Highway, Snellville, GA 30078

Hotel "home base": Days Inn Stone Mountain. 2006 Glenn Club Drive Stone Mountain, GA 30087
click here for priceline booking prices!

So looks like we're going to Stone Mountain VW for our 5th annual gtg! They are blocking some spots of for us. We can also grill food and such. So we'll have to start a list of who can bring what. Whether it's the grill, or the food or the drinks, etc. Also be sure to bring chairs!! Rob (the GM) is going to send a message out to his New Beetle owners, so that they are aware we are having this gtg and they can come take a look, maybe even join. So have your newbeetle.org tags ready. As well as have your car ready to be looked at cause I'm sure they will be! :D

So yes... this GTG just became EPIC! :D Let's get a list started of who can bring what. Who's got a grill that they can easily pack? Who wants to get some burgers/buns? Who wants to bring drinks? Please comment and I'll try to keep track and post it up so that we all know what we need. :D

·
Momentai!!!
1,092 Posts
I have no idea about what to do, regardless I wanna be there!!! I would be happy with just hanging out. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
Last time I was in town, I was in stone mountain and went to Meme's for lunch. She remembered us and would love to have us back. Just a suggestion. I know that place was alittle pricey for some folks tho.

You know I'm down... But I'll just have a hard time deciding which car to bring. 1st world problems lol

·
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AWESOMENESS:banana:

I like the later in the month aspect you've mentioned. It'll help me gain a little financial rebound after the S.O.B. GtG. Al, Val and Cuppers should be in attendance though.

That's kinda what I was thinking too. I am hoping to make that GtG as well, and I know that I'll need a good few weeks to make up for that as well. So, maybe the last weekend in February? If that works for everyone?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm interested and would like to attend also. I'll be watching for the confirmed dates and activities.

·
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I'm going to make this GtG the 23rd. Does that work for everyone???

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Where in GA is this going to be? We have some family in Atlanta so maybe I can talk dh into going? Money is tight (especially after Christmas and 2 December birthdays) but I'd like to try anyway :)

·
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The GtG will be somewhere in or near Stone Mountain which is close to Atlanta. The Gtg will also be in February. I will update the first post to reflect the new information. Still haven't decided on a for sure - for sure location. I am currently working on that but I will update the first post as soon as i know. :)

I'm looking forward to this gtg and being that it's the 5th annual, I'm going to try and make it a cost effective yet fun gtg! So stay tuned!! :D

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
The GtG will be somewhere in or near Stone Mountain which is close to Atlanta.

I'm looking forward to this gtg and being that it's the 5th annual, I'm going to try and make it a cost effective yet fun gtg! So stay tuned!! :D
Sweet...I'll have to ask dh if he wants to visit some family in February...and if we just happen to be there at the same time this is going on...lol

·
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sweet...I'll have to ask dh if he wants to visit some family in February...and if we just happen to be there at the same time this is going on...lol
It would be such a happy accident if you visited family the same week as the gtg. lol Besides, family isn't always blood related ;)

·
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Happy New Year everyone!

Time is ticking away rather quickly isn't it? South Of the Border GtG is a few weeks away and then it will be time for the Georgia GtG. I've thought of a few ideas for the location.

1. We could meet back at the original location of the very first Georgia GtG and have a little picnic, everyone bring something, food, snacks, drinks, dishes, etc. It seemed to work out great and everyone enjoyed it.

2. We could meet up at the "Big Chicken" (KFC) near Atlanta. It's a landmark for the area. Parking is kinda tight there, but great photo ops for the cars.

3. Some event, like bowling, or Dave and Busters or something of that sort.

What do you all think? Low key picnic? Big Chicken? or some fun event? Lemme know. I'll try to finalize the details in a few weeks.

·
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I recently went there when I visited a friend. It was kinda nice, the food is pretty good, and well it's the big chicken. lol My only complaint is the lack of parking, or decently sized parking spots. But it's still cool.

·
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok, I'm going to send out PMs sometime next week. We need to get some more interest in this. Cause if we're going to have a lot of folks, then maybe the Big Chicken isn't the venue we need. But I want everyone's opinion! So be on the look out for all that.

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Yet another gtg I will not be able to attend. I work that weekend too :mad: Time to stop working weekends so I'm always available for GTGs...lol

1 - 20 of 174 Posts