NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my turbo s beetle's manual tranny doesn't work, no idea if its a bushing or needs adjustment, any help is appreciated Turbo

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
How bout sum more info on the symptoms?
All the other gears engage ok? How bout reverse?
Just all the sudden lost 6th?

·
Registered
14,052 Posts

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
ya had to go and scare him, didn't you?
lets hope its a linkage issue.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol no one sacred me lol OK I fixed the issue but anyway I'll share the info,
miles I believe is 127,000 all speeds work great, symptom was, after getting in to 5th gear when I shift to 6th always ended at 4th, I asked a friend to shift all speeds with engine off while I was looking how the 2 cables moved, the cable closed to the right moved in 3 different positions the higher position was when shifting between 1st and second, then when shifting between 3rd and 4th a bit lower when shift into 5th then it was on the very low position when it was shift into 6th the cable to the right went back up where the 3rd and 4th shifting was, so I asked my friend to shift into 5th I hold the cable into that lower position and asked him to shift into 6th, it shifted into 6th with no problem, so I adjusted that cable (both cables have threads with an adjusting round thingy hold be a spring) until it stood in the lower position when shifting between 5th and 6th, gave it a test drive and finally I got the 6th speed working.
The engine has a plastic cover with chrome numbers and letters like: 20V Turbo S
Thank you all for replaying, now I have another thing I want to fix, in the speedometer right above 40mph is an amber warning light always ON, its an arrow forming a circle inside the circle is a triangle inside the triangle is an exclamation mark !, above the 55mph is another amber warning light wish are 3 letters EPC, so far those 2 are my next mission to fix, thanks in advance Turbo

·
Registered
3,690 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK made a mistake, first the EPC warning light is not lid, the only 2 warning lights that are always ON are the air bag system and the one I mention above the 40mph mark wish is an arrow making a circle, inside the circle is a triangle and inside the triangle is an exclamation (!), I have scanned the car I have a scanner INNOVA EQQUS with live data, but the warning light I mention it seems it is not for the OBDII, it seems it is for another system, friend believes that warning light is for tire air pressure, but like he said "I think is for that", I started a thread with a code it came up a few days back, Thanks Turbo

·
C-Dub
39 Posts
That would be for the traction control. It's likely you have a wheel sensor that is bad. Had the same issue when one of mines went bad. Easy to replace too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts