NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
DIESL PWR
354 Posts
Is this guy for real? :eek:

Anyone could've gotten a brand-new 2004 "ultima edicion" for some $12,000 through one of the importers that sold them here. You could probably get an '86 imported and federalized for a few thousand dollars. Does this Beetle come with $70,000 of gold inside? :lol:

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
With 75 you can buy ALL th eparts of a Bug and assemble it yourself and have like 50K to spare in Bribes to drive it everyday...

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
me thinks he hit an extra zero when he was typing.

That, or he is on crack. One or the other...:lol:

·
5/23/10 <3
10,933 Posts
Its definately a nice car but most certainly not worth $75,000. There arent many cars worth that much at all, let alone an '86. Maybe if it was painted with gold or something. Maybe

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
well, he says it has 14 miles on it... which means all the rubber is dry rotted and would probably need to be replaced... might be corrosion in the engine... gel in the gas tank... a car that has sat for 20 years really isn't such a great thing.

I'd say it's worth somewhere around $10K at the most

·
5/23/10 <3
10,933 Posts
Well at the end when he puts the asking price, he said "asking US $75,000"...he put in the comma and all so I'm thinking this guy is just crazy but you never know

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
Yikes! Maybe so. Though it does kind of remind me of an add I saw for 3 AC Beetles. They were '48, 49, '50 (atleast I think those were the years). All MINT! He wanted $90,000.00 for all three.

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
Steinola said:
Maybe the price is in Pesos ;)
I was thinkin the same thing! lol

·
Some say............
1,665 Posts
Don't sell yourselves short on this one. This is actually a very unique beetle. 1986 was the 50th anniversary of the Beetle. And with this car being the special edition model, and having 14 kms on it make this a real keeper. This isn't a Mexican built beetle, but a much more unique Brazilian built one which has a ton of little differences from a Mexi Beetle. $75K is way high on the value side, and if it were $10K, I'd take 3. I'd say this one is worth at least $20k or a little more. Back in 1997 I purchased a 77 sedan (last year in US) from the widow of a Oklahoma dealer for $8k. The car was BRAND NEW and I was the first registered owner of the car. It had a whopping 154 miles on the odometer when I got it, and about 180 when I sold it for $12k to a VW dealer in Ohio. I also know of, and have seen a 77 Beetle with a grand total of 4 miles on the odometer, that has never even been dealer prepped that sits in a guys garage exactly as it came off the boat from Wolfsburg.

·
18,312 Posts
I was curious so I emailed this guy. This is what he said..."that is correct, $75K US Dollars or Best Offer"

yeah right! :lol:

·
18,312 Posts
73standard said:
You should now e-mail him back and ask him what reality he is living in.
:rotf:
I should..shouldn't i? I just might.

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
Herbie3Rivers said:
Don't sell yourselves short on this one. This is actually a very unique beetle. 1986 was the 50th anniversary of the Beetle. And with this car being the special edition model, and having 14 kms on it make this a real keeper. This isn't a Mexican built beetle, but a much more unique Brazilian built one which has a ton of little differences from a Mexi Beetle. $75K is way high on the value side, and if it were $10K, I'd take 3. I'd say this one is worth at least $20k or a little more. Back in 1997 I purchased a 77 sedan (last year in US) from the widow of a Oklahoma dealer for $8k. The car was BRAND NEW and I was the first registered owner of the car. It had a whopping 154 miles on the odometer when I got it, and about 180 when I sold it for $12k to a VW dealer in Ohio. I also know of, and have seen a 77 Beetle with a grand total of 4 miles on the odometer, that has never even been dealer prepped that sits in a guys garage exactly as it came off the boat from Wolfsburg.
Now wait a minute.. I know Mex production ended, but isn't the Beetle still produced in Brazil. Regardless of the 50 anniversery thing, wouldn't importing a brand new one be cheaper than $75,000 without all that pesky dry rot?

·
Some say............
1,665 Posts
No, there's no more Brazilian beetle production anymore. That ended at least 10 years ago. This car is a special edition, it's not a run of the mill beetle. On the 77 that I had, the only dry rot on it, was the padding in the front seat backrests. The tires and everything were in tip top shape for being 20 years old and only having 154 miles on them.

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
Okay.. how about this.... the guy wants $75K... but instead of listing it in a real car auction, or e-bay or even autotrader - he chooses craigslist.... uhm, okay. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts