VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok new guy here. I'm trying to replace my passenger side headlight assembly, but can only find the 3 pin variety at any auto parts stores. Even junk yards with similar cars have the 3 pin. I did find one on a europart website for $750 but I'm not paying that. Is there a way to wire the 3 pin connector onto the 9 pin or any other fix anyone can think of?

Juddman

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
What is wrong with the headlight assembly; it seems like it is a special "xeon" HID optional type headlamp (thus, the high price). Is this a USA spec car or somewhere else? What is wrong with the headlight?

Part Number: 1C0941006H
Supersession(s): 1C0-941-006-H
1998-05 W/HID. 2003-05 W/HID.

Fits Beetle, Beetle Convertible

1998-05, W/HID. 2003-05, W/HID. Beetle; Right; w/High Intensity. Convertible, 2003-05, W/HID. Coupe, 1998-05, W/HID.

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
The wiring could be repaired or replaced; you might be able to get a non hid headlight assembly and swap out the missing lens. I haven't seen the hid headlight assemblies but it worth checking, because of the high cost and scarcity of replacements.

What year, model is your new beetle? You might post up photos of the damage to your wiring harness. Have you had any luck, looking for replacement parts, using the part numbers off your old damaged parts?

I have used the tunemyeuro replacement harnesses; you might see if they are compatible or make you a new one that works, for your application.

Check with your local vw dealer and see what they sell new ones.

Also, there are specialty automotive wiring harness repair shops and that is another route, if the costs from your VW dealer are really prohibitively expensive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts