NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
MegaWatt
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you have a 98-05 VW New Beetle with an overhead console (VW part #1C08868851A) that keeps dropping down, you may very well have a broken latch. Replacement consoles are very expensive, frequently about $160 or so when you can find them, but the latch piece that breaks can easily be replaced. I have created a replacement for that broken latch piece. Volkswagen makes their latch piece from plastic that is hollow on the inside and has thin walls. My replacement latch piece is made from ABS plastic, it's solid, and the tab that typically breaks is reinforced for extra strength.

I created this replacement part because mine broke. Once I snapped this replacement latch into place, it worked just like new again. I guarantee this part will not ever break on you.

I have these listed on Ebay, item #261149748125. They're only $11.50, and shipping is free. Here's a link to the page on Ebay: 98 05 VW New Beetle Overhead Console Repair Kit for 1C08868851A | eBay

·
Registered
307 Posts
not currently but i'll be keeping you in mind. thx for the heads up on the 3d printing. Heck you might want to look into doing different accessories like vase/gps holders and stuff like that as well. I'm sure there is a ton of little items that the bug decides it hates that could used to be replaced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts