NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm stepping out of the VW scene for a bit and need to sell my Beetle. I've had it for a couple of years and am moving on to something different for now.

149,000 miles, 5spd manual, K&N Drop-in, otherwise mechanically stock. Will need exhaust replaced. The exhaust has a bad leak and the cat needs replaced, otherwise the car runs and drives fine. Still pulls fine for a 2.0 and gets an average of 28mpg. Oil always changed within 3,000 miles and all 4 corners have had brakes replaced within the last year.

Mods:
Votex front bumper with new fog lights just installed
Votex side skirts
Volkswagen hood bra
Freshly painted hatch with 3 pillar wing
Euro fog with euroswitch in the dash
Wood grain on the dash, center console and door panels

I have a handful of extra parts, including the original glove box, centercaps for the alloys, another set of fog lights (broken mounting tabs), original front bumper and probably more if I look around. Admittedly it has some typical quirks, but nothing major that affects its drivability.

Can be negotiated with the price:
4 Beetle steelies with snow tires
Votex roof rack

·
5/23/10 <3
11,093 Posts
OP says its a manual. Interior pics would be good though.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Very nice CAR!
When was the timing belt service done last?

Great deal for a Great looking Beetle.
Thank you! I believe the timing belt was done right before I bought it at about 100,000 miles.

OP says its a manual. Interior pics would be good though.
Interior pics on the way, I'm actually in the process of giving it a quick scrub right now. I'll throw a few up tomorrow for those interested!

Looks like the perfect mountain machine.
Living in central Pennsylvania it's seen its fair share of back roads. The handling is great for being stock, unfortunately I couldn't bring myself to lower it given the condition of some of the roads around here..

·
1999 Beetle TDI
332 Posts
Wow wish this was for sale last Oct...I probably would have scarfed it up..You are only 45 mins away too..Wish I had the extra now though..Good Luck!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got these uploaded and realized they aren't the greatest. If anyone wants pictures of anything in particular on the car I'll be glad to take more / answer any questions!

·
Registered
336 Posts
I always wondered why people don't ever think to remove all their crap from the car, and give it a bath before posting pictures.

·
Super Moderator
14,755 Posts
Why is the shifter covered with a rag?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Very nice looking Beetle! I live right down the river from you in Elizabethville...well, I'm at school right now but that's my home.

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
Nice looking bug. Interior is what it is, beige and 10+ years old.

Like the wood trim kit, lots of possibilities with that car.

Good luck with the sale.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I always wondered why people don't ever think to remove all their crap from the car, and give it a bath before posting pictures.
Sorry, unfortunately it's still my daily driver until it sells and the weather here has been terrible, it wasn't worth trying to wash in freezing temperatures.

Maybe to show a gang affiliation?
Haha hardly, just kind of where it ended up.

Very nice looking Beetle! I live right down the river from you in Elizabethville...well, I'm at school right now but that's my home.
Not far at all, I'm just outside of Lewisburg/Selinsgrove being back from school right now, so you're only about 30 miles away!

Nice looking bug. Interior is what it is, beige and 10+ years old.

Like the wood trim kit, lots of possibilities with that car.

Good luck with the sale.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Thanks, the beige wasn't my favorite but I had a few plans for it should I have decided to keep it. But my heart's set on something else and I'm unable to drive it until I sell this, so hopefully someone willing comes my way soon!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts