VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,869 Posts
That's the good stuff man! Really loving what you've done. So I take it you did the metal fab yourself? Love the bumpers and the roof rack!
Thanks for sharing your awesome build with us. Well worth placing it here.

·
Jeremy
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Stellar build! Do you run skid plates too?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I don't know if they'll do any good if I hit something ,but I did make a front skid plate out of 1/8 inch aluminum. It's all more ,or less for looks anyway. I have always been fond of the air cooled baja , Just never could keep one on the road long enough ,so I decided to give this a try

·
Jeremy
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's the good stuff man! Really loving what you've done. So I take it you did the metal fab yourself? Love the bumpers and the roof rack!
Thanks for sharing your awesome build with us. Well worth placing it here.
I'm getting better at it. My first go at it was all conduit. I was trying to be cheap ,but wasn't pleased with the overall results(except the roof rack). I have been replacing it all with 1 1/2 inch tubing. Much stronger ,and easier to weld. The front bumper took me 5 tries before I came up with something I liked. Thankfully I got the rear bumper on the first go. I really like the rack ,so I'm not sure yet if I'll make a new one. The next thing will be new sprint bars.

·
Jeremy
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the positive comments. I'm new to the hole thread thing ,so I'll do my best to try and keep it up to date.
I just wired slim off road lights for my reverse lights. I get some pics up soon. Next I will be making a baja stile exhaust

·
Jeremy
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I want to take a moment to rant. I don't like to trash talk people ,but if anyone here was planing on buying from ilovebodykits.com please don't. I wish I read there reviews before ordering tail lights from them:mad: Oh well live ,and learn

·
Registered
758 Posts
Quick question on the rear bumper. Does it double as a 2" hitch receiver? That square bar in the center of it makes it look like it would. While I wouldn't want to tow anything with my New Beetle, it would be quite useful for something like a hitch mounted bike rack or something similar.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts