NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on another forum and haven't had any responses so i'm going to try my luck at it here.
I purchased my lovely beetle 3 weeks ago. It came only with an aftermarket keyless remote. I purchased a used factory one off of ebay (it looks like a giant key with buttons). Anyway, it was guaranteed not to be DOA and said it would work on my beetle. Well, when I pushed any of the buttons the red LED light didn't come on...does yours? We checked the batteries with our battery checker and they are okay. We tried mulitiple times to program it without sucess. The remote acts dead. I emailed the remote guy and he said to email him with all the numbers on the back of my remote (assuming I had one in the first place) so that he could mail me another one with the same code. Could someone shed some light on this subject for me please and possibly post your code or does it vary with each beetle?
Thank you in advance.

·
It's a shot glass!
1,530 Posts
If it has an aftermarket keyless remote chances are that your beetle is equiped with an aftermarket keyless entry system and not the stock keyless system. I don't think that aftermarket remotes work with a stock system. That's probably why your factory remote is not working with the existing system on your beetle. I could be wrong though.

Here's the info that's on the back of my 1998 factory remote:

CANADA: 2694 102 338
FCC ID: NB6 730956 T
HELLA : SFA 007 785-00

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your post, I appreciate it. When you push the buttons on your fob, does the red led light up?

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,311 Posts
v_dubyagirl said:
Thank you for your post, I appreciate it. When you push the buttons on your fob, does the red led light up?
Yes mine does but I think what Crazy was trying to say was that if your beetle came with an aftermarket keyless remote then most likely your beetle has an aftermarket security system. So you cannot program a factory keyless remote to work with an aftermarket security system.
Sorry...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate your posts..it's going to the dealer for further investigation.

Thanks for your posts, i'm taking the beetle in Friday for some minor body work so i'm going to have them tell me if my alarm is an aftermarket or factory. :wave3:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts