NewBeetle.org Forums banner

261 - 273 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
know that this is really an old thread BUT does ANYONE happen to know the exact names of the instruments used in this 3 pod set up, I would like to purchase something like this. Who makes them? Pvt me if you desire okay

ebay... $30

·
Registered
1 Posts
still here

may be an old thread but were still here love this build, gonna have fun doing it my self soon to bad im gonna half to register my lil bug in a different state cause ca laws would flip over this. Thanks again for taking us on this amazing journey.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
Quick update. Custom recirculating catch can is done and installed, new 6 rib charger belt is in, brakes and clutch are bled, new brakes installed on rear, and I got a custom chip burnt for it. ;))

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry to drag up the thread again.

I have all the parts sitting around to do this swap(2.9engine with running gear, mega squirt, eaton charger) and was wondering why you didn't,while building the mounts, lower the engine in the bay to allow you to run the original bonnet with the charger? Did you run a short runner intake with this engine? I may have missed that photo.

Thanks

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #268
please read the entire build. everything should be there. if you still have questions then ask me. thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Awesome

Hi, just read through the thread and watched the you tube video, sounds great. Also read a bit in the thread about your next project will be rwd !!! That's what i'm on with, just collecting all the bits at the moment, hope to put a Audi bi turbo mid engined lay out. Strugging on gearbox at the mo would like to use auto any suggestions ??? I run a vr6 awd looking forward to reading through rest of site you guys like your engine swaps :) Greg

·
Don't call me pumpkin...
221 Posts
Also read a bit in the thread about your next project will be rwd !!! That's what i'm on with, just collecting all the bits at the moment, hope to put a Audi bi turbo mid engined lay out. Strugging on gearbox at the mo would like to use auto any suggestions ??? I run a vr6 awd
I don't mean to hijack, or carry on a discussion in someone's personal build thread... But I just wanted to make sure I read that right.
You have an OEM RSi, and you're planning on cutting it up to make it RMR? As far as a transmission goes, I would look into What 034Motorsport Did. Euro Audi 100 2wd transmission, Porsche 996 Turbo axles and suspension. All done on a MkIV GTI, so in theory, it should be exactly what you're looking for.
As far as doing this to an RSi? IMO, it's a shame to see such an impossibly rare car go under the knife like that. But it's yours, not mine! :cheese:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hey this is a great build. Hopefully your dream comes true one day and you can do engine swaps to beetles.

Ever heard of monster miatas? They do engine swaps to miatas and put a v8 in it lol. Do that to beetles except vr6's vrt's and r32's :cool: that would be awesome

·
Registered
1 Posts
loving your build. ..

While you're at it you should have opted for an all wheel or rear wheel drive setup. That would top it all off.

261 - 273 of 273 Posts