NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I have been using this forum for quite some time! Searching and searching to fix the problems that come up. thanks for all the great info! Unfortunately now i'm stuck. I had a crank no start condition, changed fuel filter, crank sensor: still dead. Took it to a shop and they said fuel pump relay so I changed that and it starts. Now the car runs TERRIBLY! On idle it stutters like crazy, acceleration is horrible and when u get above 2k rpms there's a rasp heard in the engine. I'm gonna take it to auto zone tomorrow to check for codes. When I replaced the sensor the connector gave me some issues but ended up going on after i removed the broken piece of the connector from the female end. Was very careful with the new sensor on install. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hey all! I have been using this forum for quite some time! Searching and searching to fix the problems that come up. thanks for all the great info! Unfortunately now i'm stuck. I had a crank no start condition, changed fuel filter, crank sensor: still dead. Took it to a shop and they said fuel pump relay so I changed that and it starts. Now the car runs TERRIBLY! On idle it stutters like crazy, acceleration is horrible and when u get above 2k rpms there's a rasp heard in the engine. I'm gonna take it to auto zone tomorrow to check for codes. When I replaced the sensor the connector gave me some issues but ended up going on after i removed the broken piece of the connector from the female end. Was very careful with the new sensor on install. Thanks in advance!
could you have mounted teh crank sensor incorrectly? or have loose wiring? KISS keep it simple stupid is my motto. I woudl go back over anything I did trying to get it running and recheck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright, does anyone happen to know how to replace the connector that connects to the crank position sensor? Basically the part that the crank position sensor plugs into. How far back does it run etc, i'm thinking that's the problem since that connector somewhat broke.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts