NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Open to offers. [email protected]

Pristine and super clean Volkswagon New Beetle. This car is in great condition with LOW MILEAGE @ 21,000 original miles. Ride in style and still get 30 mpg. This car has been adult owned and is accident free as well as a non-smoker. This car gets a bath and polish every weekend. It is a real looker and not your average Beetle. Features listed below. (clear and clean title in hand)

ONLY 21,000 MILES
White exterior / gray cloth interior
5 speed manual transmission
power windows, locks, and mirrors
cold a/c
window tint ($300)
very nice upgraded stereo system featuring a Kenwood am/fm/cd w/ipod/usb/aux inputs (approx $1500) - rockford fosgate components, amp, and sub are installed in factory locations. This is an audiophile system and not a big street boomer (I'm 37 yrs old). factory cassette and speakers included
18 inch performance wheels and tires w/only 2,000 miles (approx. $1500) - factory wheels and tires included
coilover adjustable suspension (approx $1000) - factory susp. included
The car handles exceptionally well. It's a little stiffer than stock, but rides on rails.

MIGHT CONSIDER TRADES. Passat, Jetta, Golf, A4, or restored Type 1 beetle 1967 or older

Attachments

·
5/23/10 <3
11,010 Posts
Has the timing belt been replaced? Where is the car located?

·
5/23/10 <3
11,010 Posts
Yes, but it has 13 years on it.

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts

·
BeetleBug7
60 Posts
timing belt

the first timing belt - rubber belt in the USA began in 1966 and yet only over the past few years has this become such an issue.....never understood this.....oh wait is it due to the quality of product....

·
HP Technician
449 Posts
the first timing belt - rubber belt in the USA began in 1966 and yet only over the past few years has this become such an issue.....never understood this.....oh wait is it due to the quality of product....
Every single car I have owned since 16 has been a chain spanning Nissan, Ford, Mercury, GMC, and Toyota. Until the Beetle of course but after owning one and seeing how it is designed I can see why. They produced a cheap car.

On topic, asking people to send in offers will not net anything solid. Just post a price and say negotiable as you will get far better results.

EDIT: Nevermind, just realized this ad is months old.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Completely off topic, but way old FS so what the hell!

No, it's a rubber composite. As said, a thirteen year old rubber band. I have never replaced a timing chain in any vehicle, several over 400k miles. Let alone a water pump with plastic impellars. Go figure... :rolleyes:

Btw, it is a damn nice '98! Especially if your looking for experimental everything.

M. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts