NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
$4,000

I bought and already sold the '79 I was originally selling this for, but now I'm trying to pick up another '79 from an estate so my VR is back up for sale. This is my old ad and it has most of the pertinent information only now the car ooks like this:

I'm now running 18x8 BBS RCs in red with 225/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1s. I've updated the steering rack and front end to the later style and now the headliner needs reglued. It's still ready to drive across the country if a person were so inclined.

Let's say about $4800.

OLD AD:

I had basically decided to keep this, but now another, better 'vert has surfaced and I need to scrape up some cash for it before someone else does. Slightly lower price, and slightly more motivated to sell. $5500

- 1998 Beetle with a 12v VR6 swap professionally done
- Recent black sport leather interior from a 2002 Sport Beetle
- Porsche Boxster S wheels with Michelin tires
- Magnaflow catback exhaust
- Clear/Red taillights
- Clear turn signals
- FK Hightec Sport struts and springs
- adjustable sway bar end links
- 3-spoke perforated leather GLI steering wheel
- Momo shift knob
- Short shift kit
- K&N intake
- Lightened flywheel

Here's a video of it running to hear the exhaust note:
YouTube - '98 VR6 Beetle with Magnaflow exhaust

This car is reliable and I just took it to the Texas VW Classic and back, a 2800 mile trip. Ironically, that show was as dirty as the motor's ever been.

now for LOTS of pictures:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it's possible this car was at that show because i bought it from a kid in oldham county and then fixed a bunch of stuff on it.

and included with the sale would be the 2002 sport leather seats and both sets of wheels if the buyer wants them. i have other porsche wheels for my current convertible and for the hopeful future one.

·
Registered
343 Posts
it's possible this car was at that show because i bought it from a kid in oldham county and then fixed a bunch of stuff on it.

and included with the sale would be the 2002 sport leather seats and both sets of wheels if the buyer wants them. i have other porsche wheels for my current convertible and for the hopeful future one.
I remember it having a For Sale sign on it, i believe the BBQ was Oct 2008. If it's the same car, it looked great then, sounds even better now. :cool:

Edit: Here's the only picture i can quickly find of it.

I dunno what's up with the dudes soaping each other up.

Edit again: it's the same car, i see you in it's old for sale thread, lol.

·
overwhelmed/underpaid
3,319 Posts
Wow. Up for sale, I'm drooling, thinking of where I'd like to take this car...BT, LSD, etc....
well, i can tell you this, bt on lsd is a fun time, i really like that one song he does...oh wait, you meant BIG TURBO on a limited-slip, oops. :p

nice-lookin' car dave.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, that appears to be it because it had that euro plate on the front. the kid i got it from knew nothing about it and couldn't even tell me what kind of suspension was on it so he didn't even know about the lightened flywheel, clear lights, short shifter, etc.

the more i get this car ready to sell the more i realize how much i like it. i wish i had money for a sweet '79 vert and this car.

·
Registered
343 Posts
yeah, that appears to be it because it had that euro plate on the front. the kid i got it from knew nothing about it and couldn't even tell me what kind of suspension was on it so he didn't even know about the lightened flywheel, clear lights, short shifter, etc.

the more i get this car ready to sell the more i realize how much i like it. i wish i had money for a sweet '79 vert and this car.
Yeah, i remember him being a bit ditzy about the car. I don't personally know him, just know the car. It was clean as far as i remember.

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
4,916 Posts
PM sent

1 - 20 of 52 Posts