NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is very difficult to shift it into reverse using the gear shift. I can do it manually from under the hood, though. The shift linkage carrier (plastic part # 1JO711256) looks ok (no obvious cracks), but there is another rectangular plastic doohickey on the part that 1JO711256 connects to that looks like it's splitting. I don't know what it's called, and I haven't been able to find straightforward instructions on line for disassembling or reassembling the system.

I am almost to the point of having to pop the hood and shifting the vehicle into reverse from the engine compartment (which is somewhat appropriate when you drive a clown car but quite inconvenient in a downpour).

Does anyone know of a resource on line that gives simple step by step instructions with 8x10" glossy color photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph under each one explaining what each one is to be used as evidence to help us?

·
Yellow Ducky
94 Posts
Similar issue... maybe

I have a 1.9L Turbo Engine, 2002 Yellow VW Bug at about 153k miles. Check engine light comes on after a very rainy day this morning at 5am and at 3pm O'Reilly Auto Parts reads two codes, p0730 - Gear/demultiplication control wrong demultiplication ratio & p0722 - Output Shaft Speed Sensor Circuit No Signal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts