NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there supposed to be a "cruise" light in this car specifically?

If so, is it LED or an incandescent bulb?

Is there a "light test" function that I can preform?

I've never noticed the light come on in the wife's 99, though we use the cruise often. And would just like to know.

I also know that some manufacturers will have a way to do a text fiction of all gauges/lights. I have vag-com 409-1, and a copy of VCDS light as well.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,173 Posts
I believe before 2002, there was no "cruise" light. I know my husband's '01 Jetta doesn't have one but the cruise functions with no problems. I didn't have cruise on my '99 NB so I can't help you otherwise.

·
Registered
14,086 Posts
I don't have a 99; but I have a 2002 and there is a specific cruise control light is on; in the speedo; When the cruise control is activated with the switch. You can also do a Output test with vcds/vagcom; I don't know if vcds lite version will do that however. I would have to Google to find the procedure. It is a guided test and will show each light coming on To confirm all the features of the speedo are working correctly. If you don't find the procedure on the Google; I will try to find and help you later when I get home. Maybe other people with a 99; can tell you if there is a cruise control light in the speedo.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
My 2003 has a cruise light, not sure about the 1999?

The Cruise light does not come on at bulb check just before you crank the engine on my car, only when the cruise switch is turned on, even without the engine running, but as long as the dash is lit and I turn the cruise switch on it lights up.

VCDS should have a cluster test??

Also check the owners manual for your year as well.

·
Registered
14,086 Posts
For output tests: here are the basic info:

Ross-Tech: VAG-COM Tour: Output Tests

choose: block #17:instruments:guided test sequence; each gauge is tested and will show it "working": e.g. (light on, gauge pointer sweep, LCD displaying all characters, etc.)

If you still have your owners manual; I would assume, it show all the lights in the cluster and what they mean, what they are for, etc.

Hope this helps: here is a video that shows how the process works:

Vw Instrument Cluster Output Tests by Gokhan Kip - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvb70NPIhtc

·
5/23/10 <3
11,173 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thannks for all the speedy replies. I believed I had read somewhere that there was no light on the 99z but thought I'd ask any other 99 owners.

Thanks again all!

·
Are Friends Electric?
372 Posts
Just thought I'd confirm, both of our 2000s do not have the cruise control light (we can see the location of it in our speedometers, but this NEVER lit up, we are the original owners).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts