NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Spunkypunk
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So while driving my beetle all this year i knew it had some sort of axle issues, but i thought i could just wait and perhaps it wasnt so bad as it sounded. But at a stop light in wva i turned right, i heard a crunch then the car would only go backwards not forward. And i have tried since then to get it to move but i can only drive it backwards? So im guessing both front axles broke--plus its leaking something now im not sure if its oil or what.
Before this happened-- my car was driving shaky due to the misfiring and was just eating up all my gas 24/7. Im a college student so im wondering if this car can be saved or did i wait to long to fix it. At this point it would have to be towed cause i doubt its gonna drive anymore without some major work.
Anyone know any mechanics close to wva university?

P.s: The car still comes on just wont move forward at all.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,171 Posts
Is this an auto or manual? We got our '01 Jetta with a dead auto with the same problem...wouldn't roll forward, only backwards. The trans was the problem.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
5/23/10 <3
11,171 Posts
Have you scanned the car for codes? We had a number of Trans related codes which pointed to failure.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts