VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my girl has a 99 beetle 2.0L automatic. were having problems with the alarm where is sets itself and wont disarm until it wants to. we been doing the secret open the hatch trick to disarm it but it dont work no more. we can turn the car off and pull the key out and the hatch will pop on its own. we can hit the door unlock button and the hatch will unlock on its own. the key pads never worked since she got the car given to her. we did go n buy a new one but it never worked either even after we had it programmed. now were having a problem with the car not starting unless the alarm light on the door is blinking. im almost positive that its the ccm (comfort system control module) but its like $460. my girl wants to make sure its not the hatch latch cause she saw theres alot of problems with them too. oh n we cant get any codes from the car cause the code plug doesnt work. PLEASE someone help n let me know if im right or not that its the ccm .

thank you
mike

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
If you can't pull codes you've got a SERIOUS control problem.

Find a wrecked unit: car-parts.com

Go and salvage all the Electronic control boxes out of it, pay them $200 (or whatever) and start swapping them out one-by-one until (1) you can scan it with VAGCOM or a generic code reader and (2) the remotes begin to work as expected.

You MAY have to reprogram the remotes if you swap the comfort control module.... I don't know for sure.

·
LIVE FREE OR DIE!
290 Posts
i had that problem things i had to replace:
comfort control module
entire door lock assembly

reasons for replacing, i never had the keyfob or remote so i had to use the key to lock and unlock everytime. i have read that our cars were not built to work that way. they are built to use the remote all the time and the actual door lock occasionally. ended up having to take her to the stealership for them to work on it since it i didn't have the tools at the time.

but best adv is to get her scanned with vag-com and find out what is going on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
we called the dealer ship n they told us that if we go n diagnoise the car that its possible nothing shows up sinse the check engine lite is not on. we were also told by my mechanic that theres no power getting to the code plug but if they use the big $5000 code scanner that they can get codes. it makes no sense to me not one bit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts