NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I bought a 1999 2.0 gas Beetle for my daughter and after driving it 400 miles the coolant light started flashing and losing coolant. It was mixing in the oil and also coming out of the tailpipe. All signs pointed to blown head gasket. I did not perform a compression check. I changed the water pump and timing belt, thermostat, head gasket and water ever else I could get to just because...After changing all of that it did it again..frustration sets in...I actually redid the head gasket and it fixed it for about 50 miles and the same thing happened....I took it to an import mechanic and after a good compression check and a bunch of other stuff it turned out to be a small hole in the throttle body! Instead of buying a new throttle body right now The mechanic ran a bypass line around it and it took care of the problem! I need to put a new throttle body before winter. I searched this forum and saw alot of people having this problem and havent seen this diagnosis. I wanted to help someone with the same problem. I hope this helps, if so please post here to let me know. Take care and good luck. Bear...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts