VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter has a 99 Beetle, 2.0L. The car starts up fine and runs fine until it seems like it gets warm. Then she has stalling problems if she has to sit at a light or if she has to slow for turning. Was told it could be the injectors or possibly the catalytic convertor, I don't know much about these cars so any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
I would get the car scanned for trouble codes; post up the codes here and we will try to help. Common issues; that seem to come up here lately with stalling:

1. dirty throttle body; clean and do alignment
2. fuel pump failing: pressure test fuel pressure is to spec (most auto parts stores will loan you the fuel pressure testing tool for free)
3. crank/speed sensor failing: scan for trouble codes
4. coil packs with cracks on them: inspect for cracks, spray with water to see if car stumbles or misfires

Most auto parts stores will scan your car for free; there are also inexpensive Volkswagen hand held scan tools you can buy on amazon.com for under $50, look for "vag 405" or the new version "vs450". If you are going to keep the car for any amount of time and are going to attempt repairs yourself or don't want to keep taking it to a shop for scanning, defintiely get a scan tool... it will save you a ton of dough! With those codes; we can try to help you on here and get your car back on the road, in tip top shape! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts