NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Baby, I'm bad news.
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum, just bought a silver '99 NB and I've been reading up on all the goodness of this car.

Because here in VA, it just recently snowed, I want to invest in good mats and I read that the Monster Mats from the VW site are the majority's choice. The question of retention posts has come up. Do the '99s have round or ovals? I just bought the car (literally, I drove it home yesterday at 6:00, so it wasn't bright enough for me to poke around and play with my new toy and figure this out on my own), but I want to order them ASAP before I can make a mess.

I'm so sorry if this has been posted before. I searched the forum but I didn't find anything. :eek:

Thanks everyone! (Pictures will come soon!)

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
I think the ovals started in either 05 or 06...am i wrong??

I'm thinking you have round posts. I know i do. 1stvwparts.com or genuinevolkswagenpart.com will have them cheap. ECS Tuning might have them as well. I bought my Monster Mats through genuinevolkswagenparts.com aka Chaplin's VW. Pretty quick to ship as well. They will also special order if i'm not mistaken and it's always cheaper than from VW directly.

Shop around, you'll find em. Monster mats will run you anywhere from $70-90 plus any applicable shipping or taxes.

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
1998-2000 - button-shaped retention posts
2001-2004 - peg-shaped retention posts
2004.5+ - oval-swivel retention posts

-Des

1 - 6 of 6 Posts