NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I just picked up my New Beetle on the cheap. It needed a couple of things like a wheel bearing and I had to replace the cat as well.
I have noticed that the plate lights dont work but i havent had any time to have a look. Anyone know of any "known" platelight / wiring harness issues that I should look for? Also just curious, have many people on here experienced a clogged cat on their New Beetle?

·
Super Moderator
14,756 Posts
The clogged cat is a new one on me. I never hear of that, really, on *any* car. It sounds like the PO didn't do very good maintainence. I am glad that you have it now, to take care of.

The license plate bulb should be an easy replacement, unless there is something else happenening.

Welcome to the Org, :wave2: , and Welcome to the New Beetle! :party:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The clogged cat is a new one on me. I never hear of that, really, on *any* car. It sounds like the PO didn't do very good maintainence. I am glad that you have it now, to take care of.

The license plate bulb should be an easy replacement, unless there is something else happenening.

Welcome to the Org, :wave2: , and Welcome to the New Beetle! :party:
I dont beleive this is a bulb issue, but a wiring issue. The odds of both bulbs being blow at the same time are not good. I havent looked yet but Somthing tells me it is probally wiring.

ps I just saw a post by Opelmania in another thread on here that he is also having the cat issue and its a "known" one. Its not really a big deal as ill simply install a performance catback system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts