NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
33 ⅓
15,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really? A Beer summit? Really?

For gawds sake, this has to be the BIGGEST waste of taxpayer money, since I don't know when.

I did not vote for Obama to have a beer because he said something stupid. I voter for CHANGE I can live with, and part of that would be changing the health care in this country.
OY!

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
Really? A Beer summit? Really?

For gawds sake, this has to be the BIGGEST waste of taxpayer money, since I don't know when.

I did not vote for Obama to have a beer because he said something stupid. I voter for CHANGE I can live with, and part of that would be changing the health care in this country.
OY!
I think its the media blowing something out of proportion.

Man can have a beer with 2 people without it being a waste of taxpayer money.

Hell its bud they are drinking thats like what 5 cents a can?

If not that crap should be...

·
33 ⅓
15,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think its the media blowing something out of proportion.

Man can have a beer with 2 people without it being a waste of taxpayer money.

Hell its bud they are drinking thats like what 5 cents a can?

If not that crap should be...
Agree, it's the media blowing it out of proportion. Agree, any man can get with the president and have a beer. BUT you know this cost money, what with all the press, even if it's a small amount, it just money wasted. And none of the beers they drank was American, of any kind!

Dang it, even Bud is foreign owned now.

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
I recalled reading someplace that since the Johnson administration that the white house doesnt stock import beers.

·
50% OLD (o\_l_/o) School
1,432 Posts
Nothing in America is owned by "Americans"....

.. with exception the little piece of land they call 'reservations'....

Everyone else are foreigners...

·
5/23/10 <3
11,038 Posts
This would have been far more entertaining :p

(xkcd.com)

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Bud is still "American" even if the company making it is now owned by a Belgian company. The beer was born here, developed here and brewed here. Nothing has changed other than the ownership. Bud is still an American beer.

As for the cost of this thing; considering that they probably didn't have more than one or maybe two bottles (or glasses) each, the cost of the beer isn't what the tax payer need to be concerned about (and yes, I am a tax payer, so I paid for that...). Nor does the cost of the "press" bother me, because that is paid by ABC, NBC, CNN and that other "news" channel.

The only cost that would amount to anything here would be the travel and accomodation cost, which probably doesn't amount to more than $5K total for the two ...

The only thing that worries me about this whole thing is how this non-story got completely blow out of proportions because nobody was able to read past the line "black man arrested by white cop in own home".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts